September Progressive Challenge
A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap!!! I love speed scraps and I'm equally fond of progressive scraps because there's no way to anticipate the next step so it's always interesting to see what kind of a fix we can get ourselves into and out of! Heaps of fun!! So here are the general rules to our *slow* speed... er I mean *Progressive Scrap*.
1. On the first day of the month I'll post Step 1. Then, I'll post the first of next weekly steps to the Progressive Scrap in a weeks' time, and so on until we've completed the layout
2. Add only the items listed in the step for that week, although you may add/alter shadows at any time.
3. As in card playing, *once it's laid, it's played*. If you posted your layout, you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous week's layout following the new step for the week and this makes things VERY interesting indeed!
4. The original and subsequent steps will be posted in this forum thread, as well as here in the first post.
5. Post your weekly layouts no later than midnight of the day before the next step is due - I'll post this date in the steps.
6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery.
7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your artwork and leave some love!
8. Use of GDS Designer products is encouraged and very much appreciated!
9. Please list all the GDS products you've used.
10. There will be a posting bonus for everyone that: a) posts a layout in the gallery for each step AND ALSO b) linking their layout back to this forum. (so you have to do both). I'll post the bonus in this thread when it's available.
11. YES this challenge counts towards the Scrap 7 Challenge!
To link your images back to the gallery .. have a look here
Also... here's on on how to assign keywords to your layouts to give the credit back to the GDS designer
1. Another easy first step! .. Find a plane coloured background with texture but no pattern. That's it! (Yes! It's the same as last month... the rest of the steps are NOT LOL )
Post your layout by Thursday, September 6 2012 The next step will be posted Friday, September 7 2012
2. Select a very lightly textured paper with a very slight pattern that compliments your background. If your paper is 12 x 12, reduce it to 11 x 11 and center it. Now use your warp tool to skew the edges so that the entire page looks like it's got a slight "S" shape. Now poke 3 to 5 varying sizes of shape holes of your choice along the center line keeping the "S" shape in mind. Use the tutorial I posted last month to help you poke the holes and add shadows if you like.
Post your layout by Wednesday, September 12 2012 The next step will be posted Thursday, September 13 2012
3. OK!!! you now get to find one photo of a person/child and place their *face* behind one of the cut outs. Now take that same photo and make it black and white, then reverse the direction of the photo. IE if one face it looking left then the other is looking right. Place it behind another cut out so that your layout is balanced.
Post your layout by Tuesday, September 18 2012 The next step will be posted Wednesday, September 19 2012
4. Soooo... now we get to pull it all together! Firstly, find a nice ribbon or string and trying to keep to the middle, tie all your cut outs together. Now add some flowers, and foliage along the ribbon/string. Add two different types of scatters that suit your layout, keeping in mind that step 5 need some room, so keep the scatters close to the center line and behind all the flowers/foliage. Now add a bit of foliage between the background and top paper. Add shadows as you like.
Post your layout by Monday, September 24 2012 The next step will be posted Tuesday, September 25 2012
5. NOW..... It's Title time again!! .. Add a title, some journaling and a date and your done!
Post your layout by Sunday, September 30 2012
Last edited by Scrappinsass; 09-24-2012 at 09:37 PM.