Here is my layout. I'm not very happy with it, but this always happens to me when I have to meet deadlines
I enjoyed a lot the chat and scrap! Thank you!
Now, let's see if I used everything.
1) Date elements: the date is on the tag;
2) Trio of colors: white, black and turquoise;
3) Vellum: the word "are" in the Word art;
5) Word art: you are someone;
6) Glitter and/or metal: glitter butterfly and metal tag and eyelets;
7) Frame: the big turquoise frame;
8) Worn/torn/folded paper: paper 3;
9) Ribbon and/or stitching: ribbon on the frame;
10) Polka dots: on the ladybird's back;
11) Gradient: the ribbon;
12) Something black and something white (almost everything!);
13) Something cute: the turquoise ladybug;
14) Sign/label/tag: metal tag;
15) Multipla photos: there are six of them (even if it's always the same!);
16) Layers: too many!
17) Something suspended: the frame suspended with a ribbon and a metallic hook;
18) Edge treatment: paper 2 and 4;
19) Something inexpected: the frame that frames a film;
20) Item of choice: a ribbon in a flower shape (now, it's too late in this part of the world, don't ask me to find something similar to link here...)
I so wanted to be there today ... I got called into work for my annual review ... sounds like you had a great time! Maybe I'll catch the next one!
My layout is posted (Cut & Paste), thanks to a little birdie who sent me the clues I missed!
My Red Hat Craft Day party had me busy this morning before and during the chat, but we did have a good time, and I even finished the concertina album. I think it's quite amusing that I'm digiscrapping an event that was traditional/hybrid scrapping (my photos were printed out from digital files). I broke out the pens, papers, ribbons, stickers, gems, and glue for this event, and taught the process to my friends. If you're interested in this craft, there are a number of good tuts for it online, and it makes a really cute book ideal for a gift.
My 20 prompts:
Trio of colors: teal, orange, black
Date: on tag
Vellum: tag, Dancing Princess Bliss
Greenery: fall leaves, Dancing Princess Angels Among Us
Frame: Snowflake Beach Paisley Polka Dots (recolored)
Glitter/metal: clip, Snowflake Beach Paisley Polka Dots
Wordart: Get together, potluck brunch, laugh and chat, have some fun, make an album (mine, using template)
Worn/torn paper: Laitha Shades of Reality (recolored)
Ribbon/stitching: Snowflake Beach A Little Funky
Polkadots: orange paper, Snowflake Beach Paisley Polka Dots
Gradient/color variation: on the worn paper
Black & white: frame, Snowflake Beach Paisley Polka Dots (recolored)
Something cute: my album, finished!
Sign/label/tag: vellum tag
Multiple photos: there are three
Layers: background papers
Something suspended: middle picture
Edge treatment: background paper, Snowflake Beach PolkadotPaisley, with Dani Alencar's Inked Edges style
Something unexpected: the Red Hat, Pixel Music It's All About the Hat (recolored)
Item of choice: Andrea Gold Template 646
Here is my finished layout. I believe I actually got all 20 things in...whew!!
1. Date Element---heart tag
2. Trio of colors-----burgandy, teal, tan
3. Vellum------word art&white vellum paper
4. Greenery---under large pic
5. Word Art------vellum family
6. Glitter & or metal—metal buttons
8. Worn/Torn/Folded Papers any or all---burgandy
9. RIBBON and/or STITCHING---teal stitches
10. POLKA DOTS---teal paper
11. GRADIENTS/COLOR VARIATIONS---tan paper
12. BLACK & WHITE—vellum and black filmstrip
13. SOMETHING CUTE---flourish from kit
14. SIGN/LABEL/TAG—heart tag
15. MULTIPLE PHOTOS---three
16. LAYERS---papers, doily, vellum, pics
17. SOMETHING SUSPENDED---heart tag
18. EDGE TREATMENT---DPD grunge makers
19. SOMETHING UNEXPECTED---open to interpretation---post card from kit
20. ITEM OF CHOICE—list it and provide link to store or gallery---burgandy doily from kit
Last edited by kcsimpson99; 10-28-2009 at 10:15 PM.
my layout for the scrap and chat
Here's the link for my layout:
In case I didn't do that right, the title is woolly bear. I haven't figured out how to insert photos all of the time yet, sorry. I know it would be easier to see it at the same time you are reading this. :)
I used some of the elements for more than one category. I hope that is Ok.
I did use a shortcut for some of them. I don't know how to do worn and torn yet. I was trying to find one of Lynn's things but I had computer issues recently and that file wasn't loaded again yet., so I used a ready made item by wetfish designs. That is the bottom edge item with the cardboard look, the ribbon, the gray paper. That was all one thing already put together.
I used a lot of TMA Designs because that is my daughter Lynn's things and I am most familiar with them!
Here is the list of what I used.
1-Date line-that is by Tricia Curtis
2-Trio of colors-Blues and greens, but I also used pinks to tie in with Amelia's outfit.
3-Vellum- the aqua tag in the bottom right
4-Greenery- well I changed this a little and used fall colrs- not green, but I figured that was OK
5-Word art- FALL
6-Glitter-a little aqua along the bottom
7-Frame-Around the little owl
8-Worn/torn-that was part of the wetfish element
9-ribbon-also part of the wetfish element
10-polka dots-on the belly of the owl
11-gradients-the little square accent papers
12-black and white-the eyes of the owl
13-something cute-Amelia and Brandon-or you could count the owl
14-sign-the info on the photo
17-something suspended-Dancing princess Designs
18-edge treatment-also wetfish designs element
19-20-something unexpected-the flair at the bottom. I thought i gave the photo a unifying touch of color-Dancing Princess Designs. This is also my item of choice because there are a lot of flairs in the shoppe right now.
I really had fun doing this. It was something new for me. I look forward to seeing what other people come up with!
Sorry I didn't use more from your shop. I will have to look here more often!
Thanks again for hosting the challenge.
Late, late, late! here's my offer. It took me a long time to arrange everything, then my computer refused to resize it...oh, the pain of the artist!!
Here is my LO
. Date Element- on tag
2. Trio of colors
3. Vellum------made paper under big picture vellum
4. Greenery--leaves under big photo
5. Word Art------up in corner
6. Glitter & or metal—chicken wire
7. Frame---around main photo
8. Worn/Torn/Folded Papers any or all---Brown paper under photos
9. RIBBON and/or STITCHING---pink bow corner of main photo
10. POLKA DOTS---vellum and ribbon
11. GRADIENTS/COLOR VARIATIONS --- Background paper
12. BLACK & WHITE—turned photo black and white
13. SOMETHING CUTE---bird
14. SIGN/LABEL/TAG—Brown tag
15. MULTIPLE PHOTOS---6
16. LAYERS---everything is layered
17. SOMETHING SUSPENDED---string with acorn off corner of main photo
18. EDGE TREATMENT---DPD grunge makers around background paper
19. SOMETHING UNEXPECTED---string cluster
20. ITEM OF CHOICE—leaf cluster under bird
Carving out Memories
Scrap-n-chat w/ Jenn 10-28-09
1. Date element-Spookyville Colab
2. Trio of Colors- Papers - Paisley Polka Dots kit by Snowflake Beach Designs
3. Vellum- (didn't have any so improvised with tape & lowered opacity)
4. Greenery- Christy Skaggs Rainy Day kit
5. Word Art-Spooktacular Colab
6. Glitter - on orange paper
7. Frame - Paisley Polka Dot kit
8. Ribbon - Paisley Polka Dot kit
9. Worn/Torn paper-bottom frame-Spooktacular Colab
10. Polka Dots-On frames & curve-Paisley Polka Dot kit
11. Gradients-used gradient on Green paper
12. Black & White- Bat - Spookyville Colab
13. Something Cute- Kids in the pictures
14. Tag- Paisley Polka Dot kit
16. Layers- papers
17. Something suspended- Spider-Spookyville Colab
18. Edge Treatment - Curve- Paisley Polka Dots
19. Something Unexpected- Skull & Bones-Spookyville Colab
20. Item of Choice- Bird in greenery- Paisley Polka Dot kit
Fun chat Jenn, as always. Thanks for hosting
Here is my link: I hope I did this right.
Scrap Chat_ Glorious Sunset
Date Element -Recollections page kit by Lynn Griffen
Trio Of Colors -plum, lilac, green, gray
Greenery -yes from Lilac Bouquet pk
Glitter or Metals -metal tag, staples
Word Art -Title and on metal tag
Frame - from Lilac Bouquet
Ribbon or Stitching - stitching on mat
Vellum mat over green mat
Gradient/Color Variation -background paper
Worn, torn or folded paper -Recollections page kit by Lynn Griffen
Polka Dots didn't use
Something Cute -feather
Sign, Label, Tag -metal tag with word art (wonderful)
Black and white- text - title in black, date in white
Multiple Photos used 2
Layers - papers, and elements
Suspended Item (use hanger) used hanger from Lilac Bouquet pk
Edge Treatment -grunged the edge of background paper
Something Unexpected -not sure
Item Of Choice -flower
Last edited by Victoria32; 10-28-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Ooh, I just popped in before heading to the post office and can't WAIT to get back and head to the gallery to see all of these!!!
You gals are AWESOME!
I'll be back.......