shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Printing Services

Printing Services

I want to print some of my lo but I have some questions. Hopefully someone can help.
    First, and most important because I want the Feb. collab kit , does this purchase count towards getting that free?
    2. I have saved all my files as JPEGs in addition to PSD and Web-ready. I think I print the JPEGS but how do I know if they are the right size and dpi? I don't even know what dpi means!!!
    3. Some of my JPEGS aren't 3600 x 3600. Does that mean that I saved them wrong? How do I fix that??

OK, I'm sure I have more ???? but I'll wait for a response and see where I am after that.

2. What program do you use, Anna, to create your layouts?

Quote Originally Posted by j_camargo6 View Post
    What program do you use, Anna, to create your layouts?
    I use PSE 6.

Yes, any purchases count toward the collab.

I use pse 5 for some things and when I create my .jpgs to send off to print, I open up my original .psd which is 12x12 at 300ppi because I always start layouts with that. I choose Save As (not save for web) and then save the .jpg at quality of at least 10 but often go ahead and do 12 just to be absolutely sure of quality. I'll then name the jpg with something like <blah>_print.jpg to distinguish it from .jpgs used to upload to a gallery. The size will be somewhere around 3-12 megs.

The store printing products describe this process too :)

You wait until you get your prints from us! The quality is unbelievable and and we take extreme care with actual shipping so they make it to safely and uncreased!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Thanks Holly. I looked for instructions but all I found were the requirements.

6. Oh, good, I see Holly answered your question! Be sure and holla if you have any more!

Thanks, I think I got it. I will be submitting an order soon.

You won't be disappointed! The prints from here are just awesome!