shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Text

Text

I've seen many beautiful louts w. the text going around a pic or element in a circular fashion. How do you do this?? I have PSE 6.

Hi Anna...

1). Open up a new document in pse

2). type your text and make sure to place in the middle of the new document completely from left to right side.

3). Rasterize your type.

3). go to FILTER / DISTORT / POLOR COORDINATES

3). make sure "rectangular to polar" is checked and choose ok.

Thanks Debra. Does Rasterize your type mean Simplify your type? If not, where do I find the option to rasterize?

Quote Originally Posted by agarzaldynrd View Post
    Thanks Debra. Does Rasterize your type mean Simplify your type? If not, where do I find the option to rasterize?
    yes.. rasterize means simplify :)

I will have to try this because I didn't think we could do it in PSE 6....I will check it out! Thanks, Debra!

This is addicting!!! Again, Thanks Debra. Yes it does work on PSE6 but now I have another question.

I typed something out and it went to 2 lines. So the final after I did the procedure came out with 2 lines. When I shrink the text down or write fewer words, the circle does not close. Now what??

Cool. thanks Debra. I have always wondered how to do this too. I just love GDS you are always learning great new things here!