shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Just getting started

1. Smile Just getting started

I have had a scrapbooking program for over a year but I was just using it for some website stuff and siggys in other forums. A friend of mine got a digital scrapbooking program for Christmas and after seeing some of her work I had to try it and well I am addicted. I am currently working on my daughters first year. I want to get that photo book done so I can get one printed.

I live in the U.P of Mi. I have 2 kids DD is 2 and DS is almost 7 months.

Hi There
    So glad you found your way to GDS -- hope you are staying nice and warm
    It is pretty cold here in NE Ohio today and getting colder

I found digi-scrapping when I was looking for traditional paper supplies on the internet. I have been hooked ever since. My dd is almost 3.5 and I still haven't finished her baby album :) but that is why I started!
    Check out the challenges and you can learn some fun techniques.
    Welcome!
    Enjoy your scrapping

Welcome aboard. So glad that you found us here. I know what you mean about being addicted to digi scrapping. I am a total addict. Check out the challenges and the gallery for inspiration.

4. I have no idea what a challenge is.. I will have to check that out..

I find myself as soon as the kids are in bed I get the rest of my chores done so I can scrapbook.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherlover1 View Post
    I have no idea what a challenge is.. I will have to check that out..

I find myself as soon as the kids are in bed I get the rest of my chores done so I can scrapbook.
    Here is the thread for the challenges
    http://godigitalscrapbooking.com/for...splay.php?f=28

Each challenge will have a set of instructions and then you will make a layout based on those instructions. They are a good way to get used to your scrapping program and to test out your skills, or try new things you have been wanting to try. In the Techniques Challenge you will learn how to do a new skill and then do that technique for the challenge. There are lots of them to chose from. Hope you give it a try.

When I started digi-scrapping the only thing I knew how to do was start my scrapping software. I went to chats and did the challenges, and it really helped me to learn the different styles and scrapping lingo.

Hi and welcome to gds! Check out this thread here for more info about how to 'earn' past daily downloads for free!!!

7. Hi There and Welcome to GDS! Looking forward to getting to know you :)

Hey, welcome to GDS! I am totally addicted too! I have learned so much on this website and the challenges are a fantastic way to get your pages done and earn some free goodies along the way.
    I am running the January Digi-Dish Challenge. Click HERE and check it out! If you follow all of the instructions, you can get a beautiful quick page and a DDR!
    Gld you're here!
    Last edited by amandamoo; 01-17-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: add link

Welcome! So glad to have you here!