shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Hello from South Dakota!

Hello from South Dakota!

Hello! I'm new, so I just popped in to introduce myself. My name is Tracy, and I'm from South Dakota, USA. I've been married for 3.5 years and have one daughter, Lily, who is almost 2. I work PT in Human Resources. I'm primarily a paper scrapper, but I think that might be changing... I finally figured out the basics of PhotoShop over Christmas break and love that it's sooo much faster than paper scrapping.

Hi There Tracy!
    So glad you found your way to GDS!
    There is lots to do and see here.
    Check out some of the challenges ~ that really helped me to get used to my program, and there is a monthly techniques challenge that is always great.

You might like transitioning with some hybrid projects that use paper and digi-supplies. I still have my paper stash and all my rubber stamp supplies that I just cannot part with. I am letting my 3 yo dd use some of the things and make projects now with her.

Enjoy your scrapping!

3. Welcome to GDS Tracy! Great to meet you! I bet you've got tons of fun photos to scrap of that little lady of yours.. and welcome to the dark side.. I think you'll really find it enjoyable now with a 2 year old in the house.. LOL.. No Mess!

Can't wait to see your layouts and get to know you better ;)
    Last edited by elenasworld; 01-10-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Hi Tracy! Great to have you at GDS! I love your daughter's name! We almost named our 4th girl, Lily, but changed it to Ashlyn at the last minute!! Anyway, I'm sure you will quickly get hooked to digital scrapbooking when you get a good grasp of Photoshop, it's all go!!! You will have so much fun!!