shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Chinese New Year!!

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Just wanted to tell you all we're celebrating Chinese New year where I live!! It's 15 days of celebrations from last Sunday on!! That's why I'd not been around much!!

Just thought I should share what we do, it's not a religious holiday, but it's a time we visit all our family, friends and relatives, for 15 days!!

Well just these two days I've met up with my grandma, all my aunts and uncles from both parents' families, about 40 of my cousins, all their children and grandchildren!! Then of course the same is repeated with my husband's family!!!

The children get red packets (with money) from all married adults, we party, stuff ourselves, play mahjong and card games, we're having a blast, and I'm pooped!!!

well, to any of you who celebrates this holiday, and to those who don't, I will take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Chinese New year !!

Happy Chinese New Year!

Kimberly

Happy Chinese New Year to you too, Yin!!! I don't celebrate it, but it certainly sounds like a lot of fun!!! I can't wait to see lots of pics and layouts!!!

Stephanie

YAY!! happy chinese new year! I want noodles!!! Sounds like an blast!! Wish we were so family orentated in the u.s. but were just lazy here. :) mouth is watering over the thought of all the yummy food.

Happy Chinese New Year to you, too! And thanks for sharing with us how you guys celebrate - what a wonderful celebration!

Thank you for telling us about the celebrations. Wishing you a Happy Chinese New Year!
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

wow! Sounds fantastic - what a great celebration!!! Happy new Year (just wondering if I should go to my chinese take-away to get tonight's dinner as part of the celebrations!!!)

8. How fun, I wanna party for 15 days!!!!!...........

Happy Chinese New Year!!!!! I hope that you continue to have a blast!!!
    Patty

Say Hello if'n ya wanna.....userID PattyN

9. Happy Chinese New Year to you and all your family Yin...it sure sounds like a lot of fun :)

10. Happy Chinese New Year to All who celebrate it! And especially thanks Yin for sharing about yours with us!!