shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Question of the Week February 19

Question of the Week February 19

(In honor of Presidents Day here in the US)

What do you think about the plethora of US Presidential candidates?

I'm Canadian, so I don't really know a lot about your election, other then I know George Bush isn't able to run again, which makes me happy, and that Hilary Roddam Clinton is running, and I'm not so sure I like that either! Anyway, that's my take on what I know... I would rather scrapbook then pay attention to politics anyway... LOL!!!

Stephanie

3. Don't stone me...I don't pay attention to politics at all... :(

I'm Canadian too, so I don't have much to say! Our own politicians are bad enough...thankfully there are fewer of them on this side of the border! :)

Jennifer

On a news programme this morning on TV they mentioned that it was Presidents day and stated naming presidents. What is sad is that I know more US presidents than NZ Prime Ministers :)

It's not sad, it's the reality of the world we live. The United States is a super power and it affects a lot of the countries in the world. I live in Canada, and I probably know the words to the American National Anthem as well as the Canadian National Anthem! And I really enjoy shopping in the States too!!! More of a variety then we have here! That being said though, I'm still proud of the country I live in, and I would not live anywhere else... although I would like to visit everywhere!!! LOL

Stephanie

I can't keep track of who's running. There are so many and it's kinda like circus!

Quote Originally Posted by Maisie View Post
    I can't keep track of who's running. There are so many and it's kinda like circus!
    Yeah, I agree! I'm not sure how it will all end up, but I am glad to see a woman and an african american running!

And, of course, the standing joke is that the woman did such a great job the "last time" she was in office, LOL.

I didn't even know it was Presidents day!! We don't have a holiday like that over here! And, to be honest, I don't really follow politics that much, even over here!

Hmmmmm, let me say these few brief things (it's been a long day so please bear with lol)

1. Hillary running - yes cool that a woman is or might be on the ballot, unfortunately I don't think the world is ready to admit that they are ready for it. Men still want to be in charge - and they love announcing it (And I for one am glad to hear them admit their responsibility for the shape the world is in LOL)

2. An African American running - another GREAT stride but again the world is unfortunately not ready

3. Why has no one mentioned the fact that former Mayor Giuliani is going to be throwing his hat in the ring for Presidency? I found the article about it the other day on MSNBC that he announced it on the Larry King Show. If he does this will actually be the first year I vote. The last time I wanted to vote was against Bush running a second term but I got tangled up and never made it. It is definitely waayyyy past time to trim the Bush's I am thankful everyday that Jeb is waaayyyyy gone. I'd like to smack him in the head with one of my kids schoolbooks.

Just my two cents
    Last edited by Terrell; 02-22-2007 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Spelling, apparently I have not yet mastered it ;)
    Visit my Blog for freebies