shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Right size pics in a QP

Hybrid View

1. Right size pics in a QP

Could use some ideas on how to get pics to be the exact size in a jpg QP. They always have fuzzy edges when I finish...
    thanks.

I don't know what program you're using, but I use PSP and what I usually do for .jpg QPs is to go ahead and convert the .jpg file to an actual layer, then erase the section that has the photo in it (I use the magic eraser to do this and it usually work very well). Then, I just put my picture on its own layer underneath the QP layer, then I don't have to worry about the edges.

Hope that helps!
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

I have trouble with QP's that are .jpgs and dont have a blank space open for my photo.
    If it is a simple square or rectangular shape, then I will use the magic tool to select it and then delete. (I usually will expand/contract the area by 1 or 2 pixles and smooth it, then delete the space)

If the opening has more detail, sometimes I find a frame I have and then cover the space that is on the QP with my frame and photo.

I sometimes use the rectangle tool to select the area and copy it to a new file. From there I will try to determine the "size" and adjust my photo accordingly. If the qp is a jpg, then I will make the selected area a new layer, delete what I don't need using the background eraser, and sandwich my photo between the two layers. After that I might play with the rotation of the photo to try and make it fit better.
    Credits for Avatar - Dancing Princess Designs: Making Spirits Bright

Anytime I've come across this it usually means the designer intended for you to put a photo on top of the quickpage, not underneath and that's why they didn't poke a hole for you. Feel free to ask us if the quickpage came from any GDS designers just in case it was by mistake! But if you are trying to use it by putting a photo underneath, these wonderful ladies have all given you great suggestions!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

6. Thanks, everyone... Your suggestions have been great. How good it is to be part of a community!

7. Smile Jean Saporito

I haven't started digi scrappin' yet but from reading these threads you guys are a lot of help. I can't wait to jump in. Thank you ahead of time.