shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im new to everything

Im new to everything

Hi everyone. I'm Traci, a 30 year old SAHM to 3 beautiful kids. I'm not new to scrapbooking but VERY new to digital scrapbooking therefore I have NO idea what I'm doing or where to start but I'm VERY exciting. Being able to do this all online will give me the exact edge that I need as with 3 kids ages 4 and under, I just do not have the ability to lay it all out on the table and have kids that won't touch when I ask them too sooooooooooo here I am.

Where do I start? LOL

Welcome to the community! Check out this thread HERE to sign up for the posting program that earns you free Daily Download Rewind coupons. You will also find the current daily download HERE. Hope to see you in some of the challenges we have. They can all be found HERE.

If you have any other questions, just holler!

Hi Traci and welcome to GDS and digital scrapbooking. This is a great community. Look forward to seeing your lo's in the gallery.

4. Tracey,
    I too am new to everything. I have adobe 7.0 and I have no idea where to start with the templates and downloads that I have. If you get some good advice, please send it my way as well. I have 2 kids and I too am overwhelmed with the paper scrapbooking. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks,
    Jess

Hey, Tracy, welcome to GDS! This site has a fantastic introduction to digital scrapbooking.
    Click here to see the video or go up to the Resources tab at the top of the page and click on Beginners.

Hope this is helpful! I used to paper scrap and digital is soooo much more convenient!

6. Welcome Traci! So excited to have you here! We all know exactly how you feel and you will be so glad you went digital. If you need anything, ask away!
    Just take it..."One Memory At A Time"
    Have you seen my new kits?
    Check Out My Store

Welcome Traci! I remember when I was at the point you are at now. :) I switched to digi-scrapping not quite 2 years ago and LOVE it! No more mess that the kids can get into, plus there are so many more things I can do with digi-scrapping.

Step one is to learn your scrapping program (GDS does offer classes, but it depends on what program you are using) and to look at galleries. I started by using quick pages and templates (I still love templates).
    Wendy
    mom to Emily (India-11), Melody (China-9) & Steven (China-4)
    Waiting for Clarens (Haiti-2)

8. Welcome Traci! It's great to have you here! Like everyone has said, don't be shy about asking questions, or jumping into the challenges here in the forum! Can't wait to see your pages in the gallery!

Welcome aboard. Where do you start? With the great advice already given. I'm a GIMP fan, so if you do decide to go that route as far as software, I can give you a bit of a hand.

Welcome! I totally understand what you mean about not being able to do "traditional" scrapbooking. I have 4 little girls that would just love to get their hands on all that fun stuff!! Going digital is definitely the way to go!! You will LOVE it once you get going!!! Can't wait to see you around more!!