shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the site and to digital scrapbooking

New to the site and to digital scrapbooking

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Violet Aubertin. I live in Sault Ste. Marie, ON and I am new to both the site and the digital scrapbooking. However I am not new to digital graphics. I think I will be fine with the digital scrapbooking but I'm finding it very difficult navigating around the site. I hope it changes cause I don't want to lose interest. At this time I have already made some purchases and have started on some layouts. I have an older version of Photoshop Elements - I believe it"s 3.0. and I have Paint Shop Pro 8.0. I'm finding that so much time has passed since I worked with graphics I have had to pull out my books to refresh my memory about what the programs have to offer. I'm looking forward to seeing more daily downloads and finding them as well.

Many thanks for all the hard work of the designers on the site. Happy scrapping to all.

Vi

Hi Violet. Welcome to GDS and Digi Scrapping. This is a super friendly site with wonderful members. If you have questions about the site, just ask and there will be lots of people to help you out. Check out the Rescources tab above and see if that helps with any of your concerns regarding site navigation. Good luck, and look forward to seeing your lo's in the gallery.

Welcome!!!! As Cathy said, any questions that you have, just ask and someone will answer you. Take your time checking out the site and I'm sure you will feel at home really soon!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I know I read one day I was supposed to post a message somewhere to you Twirly about counting my posts for daily downloads past. I can't find the location again. I'm off now to try my hand at a layout.

Vi

5. Welcome, Vi! Glad you found your way here, and don't be shy about jumpin' in!
    Can't wait to see your LO's in the gallery! Have a wonderful day!

Welcome to the community! Check out this thread HERE to sign up for the posting program that earns you free Daily Download Rewind coupons. You will also find the current daily download HERE. Hope to see you in some of the challenges we have. They can all be found HERE.

If you have any other questions, just holler!

7. Welcome to GDS- and to the addiction that is digiscrap! :)
    Stephanie My blog:

Lucky Me!

Glad you found your way to GDS!

Thanks again ladies

I managed to find my way to the sign up spot for posts and coupons. I did manage to finish a layout using one of the templates in Andrea Gold's Holiday Spash template 320 from the bonus templates. I just need to figure out now how to get it uploaded so you can see it. I have some questions.

1. If you are using a template how can you get a stroke around the photo in photoshop elements 3.0. I don't seem to be having any luck.

2. Same thing with the drop shadows on photos. I'm not sure I'm getting one.

Hi Violet, we have lots of tutorials including one on how to upload to our gallery. If you go to the green menu at the top of our pages > Resources > Tutorials, you will find some help there. I use PSE5 and CS2. In PSE5, to put a stroke around something, click that layer and then choose Edit > Stroke and do something more than 10px in order get it wide enough to even see anything. You can keep doing these same steps to keep adding to the stroke until you get it the width you want. In PSE5, as soon as I pick a Drop Shadow for a layer, I see it...it's noticeable since by default the shadow color is black instead of something lighter like grey, etc. So not sure how to help you with that one.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.