shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, didja hear? There's a SPEED SCRAP!!

Quote Originally Posted by phardy1945 View Post
    This is my first speed scrap as well. I used a picture made from some slides we only recently found, it's an old picture of me.
    Welcome! Old pictures are awesome, hope you have fun!
    Shannon Harris ~ Silly Beans Scraps
    <---Are you FANtastic?!--->

1. Choose one picture and only one. Be prepared to use this photo two times in your layout.

2. Choose a patterned paper for your background.

Here's a little photography tip I'm sneaking into the speed scrap. When choosing a mat for you photo (that's the paper that goes immediately behind it) it's a good rule of thumb to use the color that is third most common in your photo. So look at your picture and see what color immediately jumps out at you. Then find the color that you notice next. And then find the color you notice after that. Now, here's instruction number 3: Mat your photo with a paper that is the third most common color in your photo.

you are tricky
    i have to think about this....

Can the mat be a shape or do you want it just like a square/triangle?

The mat can be any paper behind your photo, in any shape, tilted in any angle. The color is the only thing that "matters" in this step. :)

6. I love that tip! I often wonder what color I should use as a mat, and this will really help me. Thanks!

7. Shannon -
    I did not know that! Funny thing I picked that color for the bg. LOL
    Catalina

<----Check out our new CT BLOG

Okay so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BJackson View Post
    I love that tip! I often wonder what color I should use as a mat, and this will really help me. Thanks!
    No problem! That's one of the things that's always helped me a lot too. I love sharing!

i think i picked the wrong photo, but i am going with the 3rd color I notice