shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh Designers .... Need a template

I made a tree for an aunt, which was designed to show all the family for several generations forward and back. The branches are labeled with the children's names and the leaves show spouses. The roots of the tree are the ancestors. I did this originally in Freehand (Macromedia) as a vector drawing, and had it printed for framing. I'm sure most of you could do a similar one for your own family, either in a drawing (vector) program or a paint program. Here's the one I made:
    http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9...D550/ry%3D400/
    Hope this link works correctly.
    Dona

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    I made a tree for an aunt, which was designed to show all the family for several generations forward and back. The branches are labeled with the children's names and the leaves show spouses. The roots of the tree are the ancestors. I did this originally in Freehand (Macromedia) as a vector drawing, and had it printed for framing. I'm sure most of you could do a similar one for your own family, either in a drawing (vector) program or a paint program. Here's the one I made:
    Dona
    That was great donakat! I am not real good at the Freehand stuff, so I will gladly wait on Andreas DD! Can't wait to see what she came up with!

3. family tree

What a wonderful template. I would love to have a copy also.

I got this done, but it ended up being way to big (file size) for a daily download. So, if you're still wanting it, here it is:

You can buy it here.
    Last edited by Andrea; 09-16-2010 at 07:32 AM.

wow that template looks great Andrea. Love the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    Dona
    Your tree is fabulous. I've always wanted to do one like that but couldn't figure out how to do the branches and roots. After looking at yours it sorta makes sense.

Maybe someone could make a template of branches and roots, then we could piece it together. I was thinkingof branches for 2,3,4 children and then roots split into 2 for parents. Like a build a tree.

7. Oh, what a gorgeous tree by Suzette!

Beautiful!

Family Tree

Just wanted you to know that your template is wonderful. Can hardly wait to start working on it.
    Thanks so much!