shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12X12 Quick Page Exchange-Trimming The Tree by OMAAT

Just bought this beautiful kit, this will be my first time making a quick page. I will do My best, but I have to admit I'm a little nervous.

2. CGOOD-you'll do great!! No worries! If you need any help, just holler!!
    Just take it..."One Memory At A Time"
    Have you seen my new kits?
    Check Out My Store

Count me in!!
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/image.php?u=10375&type=sigpic&dateline=1220725027

Here is the link to My quick page, I saved as jpg. I uploaded the full size png to the folder. I did not zip it, was I supposed to zip it? I hope it is okay.

CGOOD_trimmingtree_QP

Here's my QP!

Uploaded the png to 4shared. Thank you for hosting this great exchange Alisha!

Quote Originally Posted by CGOOD View Post
    Here is the link to My quick page, I saved as jpg. I uploaded the full size png to the folder. I did not zip it, was I supposed to zip it? I hope it is okay.

CGOOD_trimmingtree_QP
    Your QP is beautiful!! Left some love in the gallery too..

7. Definately count me in on this!!! I love this kit and can't wait to work with it!!
    ~*~ Geri ~*~

8. I love it!

This kit is so lovely!
    Ohhh, I love Christmas!!!!
    I'm in for this exchange and SOOO excited, too!

9. I surely do not know if I did this right or not. I made two pages. This is the first time I have ever made a QP but I love this concept and wanted to try it. I had to make them in jpg. I colored the cut-out areas and they are obvious, but I do need help making them clear.

I posted my page previews in the gallery.

Page one:

Page two:
    Mary

10. Mary,
    Those are very lovely pages. You did a great job!

I can try to help you but I only know Photoshop Elements. I have Photoshop Elements 6.0, if you have another program maybe someone who knows that program can help.

Here's what I do:
    1. I start with a transparent background. That's a must!

2. Then I build the page but, behind the picture areas I place either white or black using the shape tool. (whichever contrasts more with what I am working with)

3. When I have the page finished I uncheck the items that overlap the photo areas so that they are no longer visible. For example, the poinsetta leaves on your layout and the inner shadowing. If nothing overlaps the photo area then you can skip this step and the next.

4. Then I select Layer<Merge visible (shift ctrl E)

5. Then I use the magic selection tools to select the white or black picture area and hit delete. This usually highlights the entire photo area that you don't want, I delete that and the area appears transparent.

6. Then I turn back on the visibility for the items that overlap the picture areas.

7. Save your file as a .png for quickpage exchanging.

Good luck, hope this helps! I'm sure everyone does this a little different. I just know the way I do it!