shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Coloring Shadows in PSE

Hybrid View

Coloring Shadows in PSE

So I just figured something out in PSE and I thought I would share, just in case it was helpful to someone else too.
    Did you know that you can change the shadow color in PSE (5 at least)?! I've been wanting to do this for the longest time and even just bought an action to do it. Then yesterday I happened to click on the little gray box next to the size slider under "Drop Shadow" on the "Style Settings" pop-up. And presto! Up pops the color picker and now I can set the shadow to what ever color I want! I can't belive it took me this long to figure that out.
    Hope that helps out someone else too.
    Erin

2. Yaay, you found it! This is so awesome because that means you can cater shadows by choosing either a darker shade of the item you are adding a shadow too or maybe even the background paper you are putting the item onto to make the shadow even more realistic :) Often I just choose a very light shade of grey instead of the default black and it makes such a difference!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Cool! Thanks for the tip, Erin!