shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday 7Nov is the next Speed Scrap!!

the instructions are on the top under the green line with the FAQ and SEARCH links

Quote Originally Posted by digiscrapdee View Post
    but can you explain what a speed scrap is? Whatever it is, I don't know if I'd be any good. I tend to be very critical of my LO's and they usually take me some time. LOL
    You know, I'm very critical of mine too, which is actually why the speed scrap works so well for me. During the speed scrap's first hour you'll be given one instruction of something to do in your layout every 10 minutes. After that first hour, you'll have a second hour to complete your layout and post it to our gallery. The reason these work well for me is that they give me something to focus on, they give me a direction to go in, and I don't really just sit there with some pictures and wonder, "What in the world am I going to do with these?" It may sound hard, because you only have a couple hours to make something, but I think you'll be surprised at how efficient it could make you! And you can always go back to your layout later and revise it. :) Hope to see you there! Oh, and one other thing, you can always go back to the older speed scraps and try them out to see if you like it. ;)
    Shannon Harris ~ Silly Beans Scraps
    <---Are you FANtastic?!--->

3. Quote Originally Posted by digiscrapdee View Post
    but can you explain what a speed scrap is? Whatever it is, I don't know if I'd be any good. I tend to be very critical of my LO's and they usually take me some time. LOL
    I'm like you, but some of my favorite layouts have been a result of speed scraps....you don't have time to stew and second guess yourself...you just go with your gut.

You'll LOVE it! Hope you'll be there!!

4. Ooh thanks for the more detailed description. It does sound like fun and you are right, I can definitely see how it might help me. I'll try to make it, but in the meantime, I'm going to check out some old speed scraps to see what they've produced.
    Deanna
    Mother to Ashley 16, Samantha 12, Dorothy 9, Madison 5 and Brian 13 months

I really liked my first speed scrap for NSD. I am not sure I like my layout since no following prompt really worked with the papers I had chosen , but that might get better with practice. Unfortunately I think I'll have to pass on this one, since I don't think I'll be very creative at 2 a.m., plus I would not want to think of the next morning with kids waking me up between 6 and 7 a.m.
    Karen

yeah! speed scraps is almost here!
    I better get dinner and bath time rolling!

7. I ditched the game early so I could be here :)