shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: R.i.p. :(

R.i.p. :(

Well I knew it was just a matter of time before it happened.
    My mac powerbook died on me yesterday :(
    I had backed up SOME of it but not all....I was planning on doing that today :(
    This is absolutely frustrating. I am a mac girl..I hate using a PC...but for the next little while I have to use a PC until I can replace my powerbook :(

So if you need to back up anything on your computer....do it now...don't wait like me because your computer could die when you least expect it to :(

Layout Team Member - Scrapbooker's Playground
    Creative Team - Bella Gypsy - designs by Tabatha Reed
    Creative Team - Everyday Digital Scrapbooking Ideas Blog

Oh, Amy, I am so sorry!

Try taking your computer to a tech place, they may be able to get your info off of your hard drive by hooking it up to a running computer.

3. I'm so sorry to hear this! That is just horrible!

oh no - poor you :(

Oh, no!!! I am so sorry!!

Thanks ladies. ITs a HUGE pain in the butt and I still cannot believe the amount of stuff that I lost in such a short time but I will get past this. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? lol

Layout Team Member - Scrapbooker's Playground
    Creative Team - Bella Gypsy - designs by Tabatha Reed
    Creative Team - Everyday Digital Scrapbooking Ideas Blog

7. Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm with Melanie, try to have them see if they can't salvage the stuff off your hard drive...
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

That happened to me several months ago, My Maxtor crashed on me.
    I took it in to a tech place and I was praying that they they could fix it. But they couldnt! I was devasted to say the least. I told them I was desperate and that I needed my photos. So they suggested I send it to a clean room. At that point I was so upset that I didnt care how much it cost. I had over 30,000 photos on it (Prob why it crashed) The clean room was able to recover alot of my photos but not as many as I would have liked. But as I was crying to the clean room guy. lol (I actually was) he told me those back up drives, even the best of them only last about 2 year!!!! My husband on the other hand had explained it to me like a bank vault and they would last forever. NOT so!
    It ended up costing us, I think a little over 3,000 dollars. A very expensive lesson for me. That was my christmas present this year and a new back up drive.

I am so sorry about your loss, I can empathized with you. Hope you can get it fixed and maybe a clean room it an option for you.

Please stop by my Blog for some freebies " )
    http://www.loves2scrap.blogspot.com/