shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are RAR files??

1. What are RAR files??

I'm new to digi scrapbooking and am wondering what program uses RAR files???

2. .RAR files are files that have been compressed with WinRAR instead of, for example WinZIP. WinRAR is similar to WinZIP with more bells and whistles..higher compression, etc. You can get a trial version for free I believe, if you need to "decompress" a RAR file.

If you google "free winrar download" you should easily find it.

3. thanks a bunch for the quick reply.... I'll try that...

ExtractNow also will "decompress" RAR files as well as regular ZIP files. It also keeps the files in the outer file, which is great if designers did not put the files in a folder before zipping, but can be annoying if they did. :o)
    Erin

5. I would be LOST without my WinRar!!

6. I use 7-zip its free and has many options. It opens a few different formats and it always works a treat for my needs too.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering what that was too.

8. Jean Saporito

I think jzip is also free. I found it on google.

9. There's another one that's called "unzipthemall" which I use and it unzips multiple zips at one time..such a time saver...

http://www.freesoft411.com/freeware/unzip-them-all.html

10. Jean Saporito

When you click on this link it doesn't show up as unzipthemall. It comes up as 7 zip and has about 5 diofferent choices tomake. I don't know which one to pick. Any advice?