shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: October Collab QP Exchange *SWITCHED UP*

Hybrid View

October Collab QP Exchange *SWITCHED UP*

Looking for another great use of our awesome October GDS Collab kit called BOODles of Fun!??? What about a quick page exchange!! This time around I'd like to switch it up and do a Brag Size for this one...so 6"x4"! Another twist on this exchange entails a new procedure for sharing the files so please read this entire post.

Remember you can get the collab kit for free just by spending $10 in our store (excluding coupons and gift certificates) anytime this month. Once we see your order come through we will email the coupon code to get the collab FREE!

Just create a quick page with this and you'll receive an album back full of quick pages submitted by each of the participants. Check out our Collab Quickpage Exchange Gallery to see what the participants have created.

Guidelines:
    • Each participant can submit up to 2 quick pages only using items from this kit only (you may include any commercial use supplies as well).
    • Layouts should be created and saved at 6" x 4" and 300ppi starting with a transparent background.
    • Save a preview of your quick page at 600x600 and upload it to the GDS Collab Quick Page Exchange Gallery for all the oooohs and ahhhs!
    • If you are familiar with creating a quick page in a transparent .png file, please submit it in that format.
    • If you are not, we have a couple of tutorials to help you in this area: Paint Shop Pro & Photoshop
    • If you are unable to create a .png file, please design your quick page by creating your layout and using a white or black area (whichever is of most contrast to your layout) for the photo placements. Save your layout as a flattened .jpg file at full resolution (unless you are submitting a png file already) . I will take what you submit and punch out the areas for photos and convert them to transparent .png files before sending them all back to the participants.
    • NEW***: Please name your files as follows to help me track these easier. YourForumName_KitName_QP.png so as an example, mine would be HollyS_bof_qp.png. Please use an abbreviation for the filename because we've learned that people can search filesharing sites looking for files named a certain way and can just simply download them without participating!
    • I will need the preview .jpg at 600x600, and either the .png or .jpg file at the full 6x4 size sent to me.
    • Sign-ups are requested for this so that we know who is working on pages.
    • The gallery submission deadline for this round is end of the day on November 2nd.
    • NEW***: In an effort to get you the albums much quicker after the exchange is over, I'm implementing a new way for us to share the files.
      - please zip up your files all together so you are only uploading one file. My preference would be not to zip up a folder holding your files but only the files itself. That way when folks unzip, they won't get all these subfolders created.
      - click http://www.4shared.com/dir/9601656/7...ollab_bof.html
      - toward the bottom of the screen you will see an "Upload Files" small window. Click the browse button inside there and navigate to your zip file and choose that to upload.
      - Your computer will then upload the file so it may take a minute or two. After the upload is completed, you will not see anything in this folder even to tell you it was successful unfortunately but never fear, I will let you know if something went awry.
      - Once the exchange is over, I will figure out who hasn't uploaded or has a problem with their files and when all is good will make it so that you can see all the files that everyone uploads and then you can download them!
      - Deadline to upload files and get the album back will be Monday, November 3rd.

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Just wanted to re-iterate the new way we are going to try out for sharing files:

In an effort to get you the albums much quicker after the exchange is over, I'm implementing a new way for us to share the files.

- please zip up your files all together so you are only uploading one file. My preference would be not to zip up a folder holding your files but only the files itself. That way when folks unzip, they won't get all these subfolders created.

- click http://www.4shared.com/dir/9601656/7...ollab_bof.html

- toward the bottom of the screen you will see an "Upload Files" small window. Click the browse button inside there and navigate to your zip file and choose that to upload.

- Your computer will then upload the file so it may take a minute or two. After the upload is completed, you will not see anything in this folder even to tell you it was successful unfortunately but never fear, I will let you know if something went awry.

- Once the exchange is over, I will figure out who hasn't uploaded or has a problem with their files and when all is good will make it so that you can see all the files that everyone uploads and then you can download them!

- Deadline to upload files and get the album back will be Monday, November 3rd.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

the new procedure sounds great!! Thanks for setting this up, Holly!
    ~~Julie P.~~

4. Can't wait to get my hands on this kit. Count me in.

yup im in too, cant wait to get it!

Good thing I read this thread before creating my page. Will do it soon and upload them as bragbook size.

Here is the link to my preview. I have uploaded the file. Ley me know if it's not okay.
    Victoria_Boodles_BBQP

Count me in!

This is so fun! Here is the preview to my 2 pages...

I uploaded my preview and pages to 4shared, let me know if i made a mistake!