shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: R.I.P Paul Newman

R.I.P Paul Newman

Wow .... Paul Newman died yesterday of cancer.

I love so many of his films ... Rest In Peace.
    Sue xx
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present - Oogway [Kung Fu Panda]

2. I was sorry to hear this as well.

As my DH said, so many of the Great actors are now gone!

Yes, he was a great actor.

My DH was in a movie with him - Road to Perdition.
    One of my DH's car was used in the movie and there was one night he spent filming a scene with Tom Hanks, Paul Newman, and others and he said Paul actually 'winked' at him once.

My dh said he was a very very very nice gentleman and was down to earth and treated everyone special - even the guys with the cars. my DH always said he wasted that wink on him - and there were probably a lot of women who would have loved to have had that 'wink'.

Too bad I didn't go with him that night - it was about 10 degrees above zero and they spent all night until 8 am in the morning shooting one scene - over and over and over again. when I heard the next day that PN and TH were there all night with them - I wished I had gone.

what a great life Paul had - and he was married to Joanne for years - a rarity in the hollywood scene. and he contributed over $250 million dollars to charities with the 100% profits from his food company.

we should all be lucky to live as long as he did and have such a life.

We do not stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Yes, he was a great actor.

My DH was in a movie with him - Road to Perdition.
    One of my DH's car was used in the movie and there was one night he spent filming a scene with Tom Hanks, Paul Newman, and others and he said Paul actually 'winked' at him once.

My dh said he was a very very very nice gentleman and was down to earth and treated everyone special - even the guys with the cars. my DH always said he wasted that wink on him - and there were probably a lot of women who would have loved to have had that 'wink'.

Too bad I didn't go with him that night - it was about 10 degrees above zero and they spent all night until 8 am in the morning shooting one scene - over and over and over again. when I heard the next day that PN and TH were there all night with them - I wished I had gone.

what a great life Paul had - and he was married to Joanne for years - a rarity in the hollywood scene. and he contributed over $250 million dollars to charities with the 100% profits from his food company.

we should all be lucky to live as long as he did and have such a life.
    Wow what a wonderful story ... thank you for sharing. I have heard that he was a really nice guy.
    Sue xx
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present - Oogway [Kung Fu Panda]

What a great story. Thanks for sharing with us Helen.

7. Oh how sad. I hadn't heard he passed.

I was so surprised to hear he had passed away. Seems like just yesterday I was little and he was the biggest movie star around. RIP Paul Newman.

I haven't been watching any news for few days so this came to me as. Very sad news!