shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HINT and KNOWLEDGE #2 - DREAMMY LOOK

Quote Originally Posted by emst View Post
    I'll stick with the first one the second photo looks too blurry for me, not dreamy at all, and you don't need to respond we all have our own personal opinions on likes and dislikes and I don't like what you've done with the photo.
    I dont think you had to respond if you dont like it. it is rude and would hurt feelings. If you dont have anytihng good to say just skip the thread and move along. People who like it will apreciate it and people who dont would not even bother to learn.
    Last edited by precious; 09-20-2008 at 10:16 AM.
    Presto! Changeo! Photoshopo! - been using Photoshop since 1999

LOL, I tried this and I need a lot more practice - mine didn't come out nearly as cool as yours!

let us see =) all you had to do is duplicate layers, make top one 50% opacite, apply a bit of a blur and erase your subject to be sharp again. i must add it works best when nature is around,,,
    Last edited by precious; 09-20-2008 at 10:17 AM.

I trashed it already but I'll put the next one up. I think a lot of it has to do with the photo...I'm going to hunt for a better one. The one I used didn't have enough depth to be that dramatic. Your directions were awesome, it's the student that is the problem! :)

Quote Originally Posted by mosser77 View Post
    I trashed it already but I'll put the next one up. I think a lot of it has to do with the photo...I'm going to hunt for a better one. The one I used didn't have enough depth to be that dramatic. Your directions were awesome, it's the student that is the problem! :)
    well no you probably chose not the best kinda photo for it...see, you cant apply same action to ALL types of photos...they need to match...some stuff goes great with sertain types of photos and if you apply it to another photo it just doesnt look right...Nature photo would look good with it.
    Last edited by precious; 09-20-2008 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emst View Post
    I'll stick with the first one the second photo looks too blurry for me, not dreamy at all, and you don't need to respond we all have our own personal opinions on likes and dislikes and I don't like what you've done with the photo.
    Elaine, GDS prides itself on being a friendly community as you are very aware. It was great for Precious to share a technique with the community and it's very appreciated. Please refrain from this kind of negativity at GDS.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Well, I took the plunge - I tried it. I don't think it turned out as well as yours- I think another photo would have been better, but I still love the look.

Before :

[IMG][/IMG]

After :

[IMG][/IMG]

I love it! i think it makes your kids very stand out like this. Kinda gives it a seperation feeling. And keeps the background be less busy.
    Also try to apply more contrast (Image>Adjustable>brightness/contrast). That also will help with make your kids stand out even more =)
    You did awesome!

9. This is great Precious. I used it on a few wedding pics, made the couple stand out. They turned out perfect

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    I love it! i think it makes your kids very stand out like this. Kinda gives it a seperation feeling. And keeps the background be less busy.
    Also try to apply more contrast (Image>Adjustable>brightness/contrast). That also will help with make your kids stand out even more =)
    You did awesome!
    Thanks Precious, I'll try more contrast next time!