shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HINT and KNOWLEDGE #2 - DREAMMY LOOK

veronica... too cute!! love the dreamy look and the casualness of everyone in their bare feet....

Quote Originally Posted by Anemona View Post
    This is great Precious. I used it on a few wedding pics, made the couple stand out. They turned out perfect
    and you know we are dying to see, especially since they're "wedding" photos...time for you to break em out and share woman!!

3. Dreamy wedding pics

I havent received the final prints yet. But I have a few to play with. This one I did not like since we seem to serious and people in the back dont look their best. So I decided to usePrecious technique...
    I liked the result. I have many pics that we look good but on the background people are walking arround preparing stuff for the christening of our son that took place right after the wedding. So Precious technique will become handy.
    So here I am...

4. Anemona, those are beautiful! What a LOVELY dress! Hearty congratulations on your marriage!

I am so tickled to see a wedding pic! You gave me big smiles this morning... He's handsome and you are just beautiful! I just love evening weddings, so romantic! The effect really does give it that dreamy look!

Thanks for sharing

i think this nifty technique makes believe that you have a very expencive lens =) i love how it makes look even more professioanal..when i saw your wedding edit my thoughts were "this is what you would get from a high pay photograrpher"..awesome!
    Presto! Changeo! Photoshopo! - been using Photoshop since 1999

Anemona, you are an absolutely gorgeous bride! I love your dress - it's breathtaking!

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    i think this nifty technique makes believe that you have a very expencive lens =) i love how it makes look even more professioanal..when i saw your wedding edit my thoughts were "this is what you would get from a high pay photograrpher"..awesome!
    That's just what I was thinking. I have always loved this technique - I used to use it all the time before I got the portrait lens for my camera. It's still a fun thing to do and since I have to shoot at a higher f-stop with my macro lens, I need to be using it again

Here's my take on the dreamy look:

And, on a bit different note, you can use the same technique in a completely different way. You can use it to suggest motion instead of romance. Like this (the top pic is the original, the bottom with the blur):

The only thing I did differently from Precious' instructions was to use a Motion Blur instead of a Guassian blur.

In the for what's its worth department, I use PSP so you can definately do this technique what that program.
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

omg that is very neat about motion blur! thank you so much for this tip!!
    Presto! Changeo! Photoshopo! - been using Photoshop since 1999

9. Thanks girls.
    So glad you liked my picture. The motion blur is a great idea!!!!
    We should create a section on photo tips and technics. Its very usefull. After all without photos there would be no scrapbooking

Anemona, you looked beautiful on your wedding day! Can't wait to see more pics! And what a great idea to blur out all the distracting background- what a wonderful effect!

Love your butterfly ABitDaffy! - your first picture is also gorgeous too by the way! and the motion blur- thanks for that great tip- I can really use that on so many of my photos of my kids!

I agree- we need a photogrpahy section here at GDS!!