shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Huggies from Finland

Huggies from Finland

Hi I am Carola and I'm a scrap addict.
    Started some months ago, collecting every single peace of goodies.
    Wondering how in the h..l I would organize everything, what to keep and what to let go.

Now I'm here and saying to everyone.

Carola

Welcome, Carola... admitting it is the first step to curing an addiction...LOL... unless you don't want to be cured... just like me!!!

I think I would go through your files and delete what you think you will never use. I have had to do that a few times! I usually download as kits and keep them in kits, calling the file the name of the kit. The designers are pretty good at labelling their work these days, so it is pretty easy, in my opinion, to do this. I find I use a kit more if it's all together because usually all the pieces in the kit co-ordinate, and I'm all about co-ordination. Anyways, I babble...lol... I hope that helps, and I am really looking forward to seeing some of your work, and be sure to join in the challenges we have here!!! Lots of fun!!!

Stephanie

Hi Carola - welcome to gds! I am sure you will love it here - everyone is very friendly, so jump right in and join in the fun!!

4. Hi Carola! Great to meet you and welcome to GDS! You'll fit right in cuz we're all digiscrap-aholics! ... and mighty proud of it

Carola

My system is complicated, but works for me

When I download and unzip supplies, I change the folder name to "KitName-DesignerName-website". Then I add a subfolder inside with the same name and move the previews, tou's and any 'no-piracy' or similar graphics into it. The the whole thing goes into a folder on my computer. When that folder gets close to the capacity of a DVD-R, I seperate the subfolders out and have adobe automate a set of contact sheets. Then I put those subfolders back into their original folder, add the contact sheets to the main folder, and record the whole thing to a DVD. As soon as I have verified that the DVD recorded properly and printed off the contact sheets, I delete the original files from my hard drive.

Then those contact sheets go into a large binder with divider tabs between each disk set.

I'm not sure if this is helpful or confusing, but that's how I do it. Right now I have 8 DVD's and the folder for #9 is almost full. I have been collecting kits and freebies since Dec '05, and starting about fall of '06 I started being more selective about the freebies that I download.

I *would like* to create some sort of indexing system, that way if I'm looking for a fuzzy fiber or a purple tag, I don't have to look through binders of contact sheets.
    Last edited by ckbymommy; 01-31-2007 at 12:48 PM.

Welcome!! I hope you enjoy the world of digiscrapping!!

Hi Carola & welcome! Looks like you've already received some good advice about organizing. I have mine organized by designer name and I'm in the process of converting to acdsee. That way I can find what I'm looking for a little easier. Everything will be categorized by color, style, etc so that if I'm looking for blue ricrac, it will bring up thumbnails of all the blue ricrac on my drives. Ok, rambled enough. I hope to get to know you & see some of your layouts.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

welcome! good to see you here . Jump right in anywhear on the site and let us all get to know you better!!

9. Welcome to the site - being a new member to the site also - I have found the site to be fun and friendly. I think you are going to enjoy it.

10. Hi,
    Many are using ACDSee & love it's flexibility & how powerful it is. It's easy to set up. You can view your white png's & fonts in it.

If you're interested in trying ACDSee - there is a link at the bottom - and we have a tutorial here at DigiScrapInfo.com to help -- Getting Started with Organizing