shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from the UK

Hybrid View

1. Hi from the UK

Hi I am Linda and live in the N.W.of the UK..
    I am new to scrapbooking and just love to see all the Stunning layouts that you ladies create!
    I have tried but my computer freezes up, maybe it's due to the size of the files?... I am hoping to get an updated computer very soon and can't wait to start on at creating pages for the thousands of pics I have of my 2 daughters and 5 gorgeous grandkids..
    I am looking forward to getting to know all of you
    Regards - Linda

woooo hoooo!! Great to meet another UK-er!! I am in the south of England, yes, I am even south of London!!

Jump right in and post away in the forum - everyone is really friendly, so am sure you will soon feel right at home ;)

As far as your computer freezing up goes, it could be due to the amount of RAM you have - the more RAM you have the better when it comes to graphics programmes!!

Linda! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Welcome Linda!!!

ooohhh you have lots to scrap. Welcome. I hope you enjoy.

6. Many Thanks to you all for the lovely Welcomes :)
    I am sure I will love being here...I would also like to say Thanks for the beautiful welcome kit too......I'm going to keep on trying although I suspect you are right Joy about the RAM.....just can't wait to get my computer upgraded!!

I KNOW you will love being here... I know I do!!! The best way to get to know some place is to jump right in and have some fun!!! We have lots of great challenges here, and any layouts you post are sure to get lots of comments! We are a very friendly group here!!! :)

Steph

Hi Linda & welcome! Have you cleaned up your temp files and defragmented your hard drive lately? That might free up enough resources to let you work. And only have open what you're working on at the time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

9. Well I have spent hours, cleaning and defragging my PC so I am off to try someting now...I will keep you posted...fingers crossed...lol..
    thanks for your help everyone :)