shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help organizing

Any program that allows you to tag would be very helpful, I think! I haven't used Picasa or tag2find, but I use ACDSee, and love it.

I don't keep my zips, but I keep meaning to start an online archiving subscription. That way, it's automatic and it's not here.
    ~~Julie P.~~

Well, all this talk of organizing prompted me to spend most of the day backing up all my files onto CD's. I know they say to use DVD's, but my DH bought CD's by accident, so I used them for now and will transfer later. At least everything is backed up for right now.

I really need to back my Scrapping stuff to CD .... saying that, DVD would be better .... I must have well over 200G of stuff and that would be an awful lot of CDs.

On the organization side I have site folders filled with Designer folders and then a folder for each kit. I am currently trying to tag all the kits and I'm using Vista's Photo Gallery that came with my PC for that one .... this is taking an awful long time though LOL. When all the hard work is done I will be able to type in a word that I have used to tag my stuff - I.E. frame ... and get every frame up that I have. I add the designer to the file name if they have not already done so.
    Last edited by Muma; 08-22-2008 at 07:07 PM.
    Sue xx
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present - Oogway [Kung Fu Panda]

Quote Originally Posted by Muma View Post
    I really need to back my Scrapping stuff to CD .... saying that, DVD would be better .... I must have well over 200G of stuff and that would be an awful lot of CDs.

On the organization side I have site folders filled with Designer folders and then a folder for each kit. I am currently trying to tag all the kits and I'm using Vista's Photo Gallery that came with my PC for that one .... this is taking an awful long time though LOL. When all the hard work is done I will be able to type in a word that I have used to tag my stuff - I.E. frame ... and get every frame up that I have. I add the designer to the file name if they have not already done so.
    Wow, you mean there is something Vista is realy good for, lol. I don't like using my laptop because it has vista, and I just can't get used to it. Sounds like the photo gallery is great for organizing though. Maybe I will have to break down and force myself to use it.