Christmas in July Brag Book Exchange-Veronica's Santa's Workshop
We have a new exchange ready for you! Just create a brag size quickpage using Veronica's brand new Santa's Workshop Page Kit (on sale for this exchange at 40% off) to make your pages.
Each participant will submit at least 1 brag book quick page but not more than 3 using this kit only along with any commercial use items. Please upload your previews to the Brag Book Exchange Gallery. At the end of this exchange, all participants will receive all submitted brag book quick pages including these special ones created by Veronica.
- NEW GUIDELINE: to guard against folks being able to take previews uploaded to the gallery and turn them into quickpages without participating in this exchange, please save all of your submitted pages onto one blank canvas and save that as a preview jpg. Here's an example of a preview that Nancy implemented.
- Each participant will submit at least 1 brag book quick page but not more than 3 using this kit only (you can include any commercial use items if you wish)
- Layouts should be created and saved at 4" x 6" and 300ppi.
- If you are familiar with creating a quick page in a transparent .png file, please submit it in that format. If you are not, we have a couple of tutorials to help you in this area: Paint Shop Pro & Photoshop. If you are unable to create a .png file, please design your quick page by creating your layout and using a white or black area (whichever is of most contrast to your layout) for the photo placements. Save your layout as a flattened .jpg file at full resolution (unless you are submitting a png file already) . I will take what you submit and punch out the areas for photos and convert them to transparent .png files before sending them all back to the participants.
- Please name your files as follows to help me track these easier. YourForumUserName_KitName_bragQP.png so as an example, mine would be HollyS_shabbygirl_bragQP.png.
- Upload your preview to the Brag Book Page Exchange Gallery for all the oooohs and ahhhs!
- I will need the preview .jpg, and either the .png or .jpg file at the full 6x4 size sent to me. You may use any file sharing site of your choice, or you can zip it up and email me the zip at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign-ups are required for this so that we know who is working on pages.
- The submission deadline for this round is end of the day on Saturday, August 8th. Please be sure to send me the files by that time as well so that I can publish the album download links more quickly.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
This kit is so adorable - I will have to try and do this one.
I have my husbands oldest daughter and her two kiddo's coming to visit for a week while her hubby is counselling at their church camp. But I will work on this one when they leave.
How exciting! I love this kit. I can't wait to get started.
I would love to get in on this... but since I am new to PS and to digiscrapbooking...I don't know how to do QPs could anyone point me in the direction to a tutorial or give me a quick rundown??? It would be greatly appreciated. thanks
This thread really helped me figure out how to make a quick page. Feel free to ask any questions - that is what I did and someone is always willing to help.
Originally Posted by mrsduke2u
I can't wait to see what you create!
Wow! It looks like I'm the first to post in the Brag Book Exchange gallery!! Usually I am near to the last!!!
Santa's Workshop Brag Book QP Exchange
LisasMom on GDS, PhilsMom on Hello, JakesNana on Photobucket, Vicki in *real* life!!
I'll try this one too. Never done a brag book LOs before. And the kit is beautiful. :)
I was being efficient. LOL Here's my three pages. One of them has two versions because the word art I used pretty much requires a photo of the Christmas tree. :) SoI decided to make another version which is neutral in the photo department. ;) I'm sure Holly won't mind this. I know you who participate in the exchange won't.
Originally Posted by mrsduke2u
You need to first create a new document of 6 inches wide by 4 inches tall. That's the brag book size we work with.
Then, you can layer your papers, elements etc just as you would for a normal layout, only you'll probably have to resize them smaller to fit the brag book size.
If you are unsure of how to remove the photo area and save as a .png file, have a look here for PHOTOSHOP and here for PAINT SHOP PRO
To check how to send the files and where to submit to the gallery etc, simply read Holly's post on the first page of this thread - she explains exactly how she wants everything saved and where to post your previews etc.
I really hope this helps you! Looking forward to seeing your brag book QP's!