shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: this is probably a really silly question.....

1. this is probably a really silly question.....

Hi, I need help. Whenever I create a pic and then save it....whether it be in Microsoft Digital Image Pro, or CS2 which I have both.....whenever I try to use it on a digi page it has a white box in the background. How do I save it so that it doesn't do this? In CS2 I set the background as transparent but ii seems to change once I save it. Can anyone help me pleeeeeeeease.......

try "trim"

Suzanne,

In photoshop, if you have any excess space around the picture, even if it starts out transparent, it will turn white when you save it as anything other than a .psd or .png.

There is a feature in the program called 'trim' - just click the 'image' drop down list and choose 'trim' toward the bottom. In the 'based on' box, click the radial button next to 'transparent pixels', and in the 'trim away' box make sure all 4 boxes are checked.

Hopefully this will help, if not let me know and I will see what else I can come up with.

3. thank you thank you thank you thankyou

It worked!!!! Thank you so much. I spent all last nite and all today trying to figure it out......and it was so easy. Thank you thank you thankyou. Now I can create stuff and upload it for others to use.....yay

Thanks Melanie for helping her out!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

My pleasure! I actually just found that feature a few weeks ago and it makes everything so much easier.

6. thank you so much

Hey....thanks to you I am able to post my first two scrapping mini kits....... ..........cheers