shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Help with PSE6 please!

1. Help with PSE6 please!

I'm very new at this - I just got PSE6 last week and have been playing around with it. I've been going through a few tutorials, trying to learn how to use templates and it seems like everytime I start to get a few things going my PSE gets an error and has to shut down. Has anyone else had this problem with PSE6? Could it be my computer or something I'm doing wrong? I'm fairly good with computers in general, but I'm new with this program and getting so frustrated! Thanks for any help you can offer!

2. I installed PSE6 last week, and although I haven't gotten this particular error, I have noticed that it is much slower than my PSE5. I have 1G of RAM, which is more than they say we need, but I think I may upgrade. It sounds like a memory issue if its crashing, you can try allocating memory for PSE6 by going to Edit/Preferences/General/Performance.

HTH!

I have had several people tell me the same thing. That PSE6 seems to shut down all of a sudden or something similar. Not sure that they worked the bugs out of it before release.
    AmyLeigh

4. I'm running Vista & PSE6. I haven't had any problem with shutting down.

I also have a new computer, so I haven't cluttered it up yet.

Good Luck! Once you get going, I'm sure you'll love it.
    Kris Ann

5. I was having that same issue at the beginning of the year. I was running PSE6 on my desktop, and when I would try to use a template (not all of them, just certain ones), it would tell me there wasn't enough RAM to complete that request and shut down on me. Well, my desktop has quite a bit of RAM, so I was confused as to why it was dong that. I came to the conclusion that because I had a lot of stuff on the desktop, I needed to de-clutter. But rather than de-clutter, dh bought me a new laptop. I have not had that problem any more. Of course, that is not always the solution. Can you declutter and see if that makes a difference. Also, what types of programs are running in the background? My PSE6 is starting to run a little slower on the laptop...I think it is time to purge some stuff and then run a defrag.

HTH!
    ~*~ Geri ~*~

6. Thanks for the responses. I actually just cleared up my laptop and deleted old programs & files and ran a defrag just before installing PSE6. I'll try the allotting memory thing that one of you suggested and see what happens. DH finally let me talk him into buying PSE6 and a new external harddrive - I doubt I'm going to be able to convince him I need a new laptop! :)