shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Hi from Houston, Texas

Hi from Houston, Texas

Hi, My name is Debbie and I'm a new Scrapper from Katy, TX. I was introduced to Digital Scrapbooking in October and have been collecting wonderful papers and embellishments as well as lots of tutorials to get started. I've always admired paper scrapbooking, but just didn't want to start another hobby (I quilt, cross stitch, knit & crochet). My son was married in July and with the arrival of my first grandchild in October I was thrilled to find something to do with all the pictures I've been taking. I think digital is the absolute best way to go. I'm hoping to find other scrappers in my area to share ideas and techniques with.

quiltdeb
    Katy, TX

Welcome Debbie - great to 'meet' you. Am afraid I don't live anywhere near you - I'm in the south of England, but its still great to 'see' you! If you are looking for some inspiration for getting started, check out the gallery which has loads of fantastic layouts in it, and also have a look at the challenges we have going on. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Welcome to GDS, Debbie! I have a couple of grandchildren in Richmond (oh, and a daughter and son-in-law, but it's the grandchildren that we want to see, !)

Check out the forums, lots of great info plus some games in there!

4. Welcome to GDS Debbie! Glad you found us... I agree, combining photo's with digital scrapbooking is such a wonderfully creative outlet! Holler if there's anything you need help with!

Hi quiltdeb & welcome! I look forward to getting to know you & seeing your layouts.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

Hello and welcome from a fellow Texan. I'm in Denton, in far N Central Texas, but I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the site. I have only been her a few months, but am enjoying it greatly. I think you will find everyone here so nice and willing to encourage you and help you in any way they can. I look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery soon.

Welcome to gDs - home from home! And you are right to go Digital! So much tidier! have a great time here. Looking forward to seeing your layouts :)

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I still feel like I have alot to learn before I post any layouts. It is fun and I'm enjoying everyone elses LO's.

Debbie
    Katy, TX

9. Welcome and I hope that you have been enjoying your stay at the site - as you have noted there is a lot to do here - with real friendly members and admin staff. Again welcome.