shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Fun Journaling Chat Tonight & Someone's Gonna Win!

1. Fun Journaling Chat Tonight & Someone's Gonna Win!

Hope to see you there!

Sounds like fun! It is on my calendar!

Great chat...going to try to be there...I could talk up a storm but cant write anything down. I NEED practice!

4. Chat starts in 10 min. Don't miss it!!!

5. Thank you to everyone who joined us for the chat tonight.
    I wanted to post what we discussed so if you missed anything you can find it here. These are from Alisha's notes, I'm not nearly as creative in the journaling field as she is.

It's important to record who, what, why, where and when in our pages. Lots of creative ways to do this. One is by altering the point of view we use to tell our stories.

Point of View-
    1st Person-most of us use this to tell the stories in our scrapbooks-with us being the story-teller. It uses I, you, we, etc. EXAMPLE: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...5&limit=recent

1st Person with a twist-try using the point of view of the person in the photos. Let your child tell the story from their POV, make your husband share his thoughts or give inanimate objects like your old car or a favorite toy a voice. Here's one using my sons conversation from the back seat:
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...36&ppuser=8336

3rd Person-some of us use this POV which is they, all first names (even yourself) as if you were someone watching the event and not a part of it. Instead of "we went to the park" it would say "Emily, Brian, & Silvia went to the park" Feels kinda funny sometimes, but is a great way to be sure that you have named everyone in the photo.

Your challenge is to journal outside of your comfort zone. Try a new style and see what happens.

Thank you all again!!!

Was a fun chat and I am glad I tried something new on this layout.
    Here's my attempt using first person with a twist (the viewpoint of my smile)
    My Smile

Dang it, I missed it. DH had to get to bed early cos of work and DD was running around like a mad thing trying to bug him. SO I played referee LOL.
    Sue xx
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present - Oogway [Kung Fu Panda]

8. Ok, here's mine....I went for 3rd person, since I usually do 1st person, and only 1st person...well most of the time, anyway.

Once Upon A Time

9. Here's mine:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...l&limit=last14

I usually journal from my perspective, so I tried this from my daughter's perspective.

Thanks again for the wonderful and informative chat. Here's my try at doing something different with journaling. I asked my son to give me the journaling for the page I had created.

Whole World In My Hands
    Suzette