shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite recipe?

1. Favorite recipe?

What's your best recipe? The one that people always ask you to make? (If it's not a family secret!)

Here's mine:

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

½ cup butter or margarine
    ½ cup peanut butter
    ½ cup sugar
    ½ cup brown sugar
    1 egg
    ½ teaspoon vanilla
    1½ cups flour (half whole wheat works well)
    ¾ teaspoon baking soda
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    2. Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Beat in egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
    3. Add flour.
    4. Stir in chocolate chips.
    5. Shape into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
    6. Bake 10-12 minutes.
    7. Let cool ten minutes before removing to wire racks.

Makes 2 dozen.
    Mrs. Mordecai @ Be It Ever So Humble

Oh, this is going to be a dangerous thread for me! I am diabetic when I'm preggo (as I am now).
    I don't drink coffee, but when I saw this Pampered Chef tiramisu recipe 2 years ago, I knew I had to find a way to have it! So instead of coffee grounds, I put in butterscotch ice cream topping. Now I am TOLD to make this for the church potlucks!!

One of the gadgets it calls for is an Easy Accent Decorator, but I've used a zipock baggie with the bottom corner cut off. Nobody cares what it looks like.

Faux Tiramisu Brownie Squares

1 package (19-21 ounces) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
    1 cup milk
    1/4 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
    1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
    2 packages (3.4 ounces each) cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
    20 chocolate crème-filled sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped (or mashed in a ziplock bag)
    1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray 9x13 pan with oil. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies; pour into baker, spreading evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.

2. In a 6-cup bowl, combine milk and butterscotch; stir until dissolved. Add half of the whipped topping and pudding mix; whisk until smooth. Coarsely chop cookies; fold into pudding mixture. Spread filling evenly over cooled brownie.

3. Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Pipe diagonal rows, 1/4 inch apart, over entire surface of filling. Grate chocolate morsels over whipped topping. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Chill 30 minutes. Slice & serve .

Yield: 20 servings (if I cut it before-hand for the potluck, then 20 people do get it. Otherwise, it's about 10. )
    I'll try to include a picture....Found it!
    Last edited by babyofmine; 06-23-2008 at 12:16 PM.
    ~~Julie P.~~

Those sound fabulous! I agree, this is a dangerous thread!
    Mine is non-sweet, but in demand with my friends.

Roast Beef with potatoes and carrots

Amount of ingredients depends on size of roast and roasting pan:

--Enough Washed potatoes (sliced long ways into quarters - looks like pickle spears) to cover bottom of deep roasting pan
    --Bag or two of baby carrots
    --One large onion, peeled and sliced into rings
    --One beef roast (frozen or thawed)
    --Stick of real butter
    --TexJoy Steak Seasoning (worth sending away for if your grocery store doesn't have it -- we hoard the stuff)
    --Time!

Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
    Cover bottom of pan with potatoes.
    Add pats of butter around (about 1/2 stick).
    Shake TexJoy generously on top of potatoes.
    Spread bag/s of carrots over potatoes.
    Shake TexJoy over them.
    Place roast on top of veggies in center of pan.
    Cover carrots and roast with onion and remaining pats of butter.
    Shake TexJoy over roast VERY generously.
    Add water until it comes up to the level of the carrots.
    Place in oven and cook for 4.5 to 5 hours.
    Check liquid level periodically, add water if necessary or pour liquid over roast if looks dry.
    Remove from oven and let "rest" for 45 minutes to an hour before serving.

Yummy! This is comfort food at its finest!

4. I am part of a recipe exchange and this easy chicken recipe was a big hit! My son calls it "hot dog chicken" because it uses ketchup! LOL It's perfect to make ahead, freeze & pull out when you need it.

Credits: Kay Miller "All Organic"
    Just take it..."One Memory At A Time"
    Have you seen my new kits?
    Check Out My Store

5. Oh, I'm so excited about this thread. Here's mine:

Scalloped Potatoes

3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
    1 pint half and half
    4 tbsp butter
    1 tsp garlic powder
    2 tbsp flour
    4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    1 cup shredded grated parmesan cheese
    8 slices provolone cheese, cut into small pieces

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Melt butter stir in garlic powder. Combine cheeses in a bowl with flour.

In 9x13 baking dish, put one layer of sliced potatoes. Cover with melted butter mixture. Sprinkle 1/3 of cheese mixture over potatoes. Repeat potato and cheese layers two more times. After the last cheese layer, pour half and half over the top. Bake for 50 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbling.

Definitely not low-calorie, but it is oh-so good.

This is a fun idea. What a great way to get different recipes.

Here is mine: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...78&ppuser=8288

Well, here we go again, and my computer is blocking me from adding images so here is my recipe:

Broccoli & Chicken Casserole (my kids always called it hog slop, but it sure did disappear when I fixed it, lol.)

1 frozen bag Broccoli (or Cauliflower)
    2 Cups Cooked Chunk or shredded chicken (Do use more chicken)
    2 cans Cream of chicken soup
    1/2 Cup mayonnaise
    1 tsp. lemon juice
    1/4 tsp. curry powder
    1/2 Cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
    1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs

Cook veggies & drain; Combine soup, mayo, lemon juice & curry powder to make a smooth sauce;
    Place the cooked veggies in a buttered casserole dish; Place the chicken on top of the veggies, and pour the sauce mixture over that. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and cheese over top.
    Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 min. til cheese melted.
    Last edited by britnkaysmemaw2; 06-23-2008 at 04:12 PM.

This thread is going to be great. I love to try new things. This is a dip from a cooking show that I went to at Christmas. It has been a hit ever since. Everyone request it for every event. I have even giving it out to several people who have tried it. I always have to double up on it when I make it...as it goes fast !

Pepperoni Pizza Spread

2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
    2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
    1 cup of mayonnaise
    1 cup of pepperoni (do NOT use turkey pepperoni)
    1 4oz can of mushrooms
    1/2 cup chopped onions
    1/2 cup of chopped green peppers
    1 6 oz can of olives (opptional)

In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to an 11inx7inx2in baking dish. Bake,uncovered,at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until edges are bubbly and light browned. Serve with crackers,french bread or breadsticks. I prefer Ritz crackers.

Recipe from Taste of Home

OMG ... this isn't gonna help me loose weight now is it. LOL

OneMemory ... that recipe card is awesome. Perhaps this needs to be a challenge .... thinking of my hips, perhaps not LOL. Gonna have to dig out one of my recipes and see if I can be as creative as OneMemory.
    Sue xx
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present - Oogway [Kung Fu Panda]

oooh, yes! We should do a recipe exchange for this. I'm in!
    ~~Julie P.~~

This is very dangerous thread! However, I'm going to contribute too. Here's a recipe for a dip that disappears immediately where ever I take it. So usually I make double or triple batch. Unfortunately I have two of the measurements in grams.

Braunschweiger dip
    225g pack of cream cheese
    170g pack of Braunschweiger
    1 Tbsp minced onion
    1 tsp lemon juice
    1 tsp worcestershire sauce
    6 fresh mushrooms, chopped fine
    salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients. Let set overnight.