shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: American Idol Last Night

1. American Idol Last Night

So... Two nights worth...wow!

I don't know though, I was feeling a kind of uncomfortable watching it this time. Something about the laughing at these poor souls who are really believing they have talent just really rubbed me the wrong way.

I am such a sap though, the two siblings that both made it... that made me cry... (don't laugh!)..

The thing is ... this morning I really sat and wondered if I'd want my kids seeing this show. I mean, I know atleast here it comes on at 8 pm which is Hannah's bedtime but really, I'm trying to teach her not to make fun of other people...and this season, it seems to to really be emphasizing that...

Is it just me? Maybe I'm just taking it all too seriously...

I know wheat you mean. I felt the EXACT same way! I really don't like to watch until the auditions are over because I feel the "ribbing" or really the insults have gotten out of control. Once they eliminate and have a group of truely talented singers I NEVER miss. My DH and I pop some popcorn, put on the old worn jammies and pick our favorites!

Griest

ITA! It was bad enough when Simon was making fun of them and Randy and Paula were defending everyone and toning everything down, but last night they seemed like they are starting to become more like Simon. I commented to my DH last night that it seemed like they were letting the really bad ones sing extra long before asking them to stop. I thought that was pretty mean, as well. (I have said this year and in years past, though, that it would liven up the auditions if they put a gong up behind the judges, )

abc has an article on their site plus you can place your vote on whether you think the judges were too mean ...
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2804009&page=1

Greist - I'm with you, I like watching after all the auditions are over, but that's usually because I don't want to hear most of those people (most of which know that they can't sing, but want their 30seconds of fame)

4. hehe... just figured out the ITA thing.. thank goodness for your newbie lingo list

I also felt that there were too many highlights of the poor singers or people that are a bit on the simple side. I would rather see more of the folks that made the first cut. They pare that group down so fast that you hardly get to seem most of them anyway.

The occasional highlight of a goofy person is fine, but it has become the focus of the whole show...

Jennifer

I'm agreeing here too. My husband and I noticed that the first night they said 17 people made it through, and we only saw 5 or so ofthose sing. In two hours! At the very least we should be able to see all of those, if they want to throw a couple goofy people in, that's fine.
    ~~GO BEARS!!~~