shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: DPI for scanner import.

1. DPI for scanner import.

I have a question. I am importing scans I have done and wanted to knw what dpi or resolution everyone uses. I have done different ones and have run into trouble with some.
    Any help would be AWESOME!
    Thanks
    ~Michele Garcia
    Life is too precious not to scrap it!

2. I usually scan at 300 dpi. If it's a really small photo that I want to enlarge I'll scan at 400-600 dpi. Hope this helps.

I scan at 200 to 300 dpi although I believe that 200 is sufficient.. I feel better at 300 dpi :)

I scan at a minimum of 300 dpi.

I also will bump it up to 450 or 600 if it's a small picture and I need it to be bigger.
    Anita
    mom to Katie and Lizzie

5. LMBO and to think of how hard you all are going to laugh at me and how much time I have spent waiting on my 1200 scans to go through!!
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!!
    ~Michele Garcia
    Life is too precious not to scrap it!

Quote Originally Posted by hellosnitty View Post
    LMBO and to think of how hard you all are going to laugh at me and how much time I have spent waiting on my 1200 scans to go through!!
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO!!
    Been there done that lol ...... just to let you know from what I have heard a 300 dpi 4x6 image can be printed off at 12x18 inches with no trouble. When these huge poster size or huge canvas images are printed I think the industry goes up to 450 dpi. I agree with the others though, if I have a very small image I will scan at 600 dpi so I can enlarge it.
    Sue xx
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present - Oogway [Kung Fu Panda]

7. Same here . . . 300 dpi for something normal, 600 for something small or something I want to be huge.
    Mrs. Mordecai @ Be It Ever So Humble

I won't bring anything new into this discussion. :) I'll be repeating Mrs. Mordecai. I also scan 300dpi and anything smaller or something I want to blow up a lot bigger 600dpi. :)