shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: What is a Creative Team?

1. Question What is a Creative Team?

Hello,

I'm pretty new at this, and I have seen blinkies and mentions of people being on designer's creative teams. I was wondering what creative teams are, what you do if you are a member of a creative team, and what designers look for when choosing members of creative teams. Really, I'm looking for any and all information.

Thanks for the help!

Claire

Great question Claire. I am pretty new to this site too, and look forward to hearing this answer too.

3. A Creative Team is very important to designers. It consists of a group of scrappers who receive kits and products from the designer for free. In return, the CT makes layouts with the kits and posts them to various sites as a way of showing potential customers what can be done with the kit.
    They also help advertise, enable, create quick pages or other items from the kits. Every designer has different requirements for their CT so this is just an overall list of duties.
    Hope that helps explain a little.

4. OH, and what I look for in a CT are layouts that just appeal to me personally. The style they have, if it fits with my style of designing, if they showcase a kit well. That too is different for every designer I'm sure but that's just what I go for.

Thanks so much for your answer. I am still learning every day about digi scrapping and all information given is greatly appreiciated.

6. Thanks so much for the help. I think I need a little more practice, but it definitely sounds like something I would be interested in pursuing in the future. This will give me something to work toward!

Claire

There are also site CTs .... where you create LOs for all designers in the store. The one here is The Supreme Team. Usually for a site CT you will go through some sort of contest. Some have elimination rounds, some give 1-2 kits and ask you to create LOs in certain styles.

8. I was wondering what the Supreme Team was! I'm learning so much. That sounds like fun, too. Thanks for the information!

Claire