shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of camera do you use?

1. I have a Nikon D80 -- I also have a coolpix that I keep in my purse but I take the D80 everywhere (we call him snappy).

The Sony camera I had cost me 600.00 and recently it has died. I can still take pictures but when I turn it on, all I see are yellow and oranges lines and stripes. I don't know what's wrong with it. Does anyone have an idea what is wrong with it or do you know of a 8 megapixal at a good, good price I could purchase. I can't afford 600.00 anymore. I was working when I bought it.

I have a Kodak easy share too.
    Don't like it much. DD has a Sony, I want one of those.

I have a Pentax K100d and am very content I up to now. Are in addition, still to try!

I have a Nikon Coolpix L4 digital and a 25 year old Pentax MESuper SLR. I'm saviing up for a Pentax Digital SLR, cause I can use my Pentax lenses on it.

I was thinking about starting a thread about this, 'cause of all the totally awesome pictures I've seen here! But, when I went looking, I found this one, so I thought I'd reply and that would bump it up.

I have a Canon Rebel XT and it, after my husband and kids, is my one true love. I have four lenses - the kit lens, a 70-200mm zoom (my favorite, favorite one), a 50mm prime, and a 70-300mm zoom that I use a lot at the beach.

We also have a Fuji FinePix that's missing some parts but still takes great pics and video too.

And, of course I can't forget the Fisher Price digital that belongs to my 3-year old. Yep, I'm starting her out in the family addiction early - she even has her own scrapbook stuff - nothing digital yet, just glue and paper, and she's horrible at cropping pictures - her pages look like layouts from a Body Farm with arms and heads and legs chopped off, but she's so proud of herself when she's done! But, she's actually pretty good with her little camera and she definitely has a photographer's mindset. "Now, you stand here and show me happy! - No! No! No! I say turn your head this way and SMILE!" You think she's seen me take one too many pics?
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

I shoot a Nikon D40 but also have a Kodak DX6490. I love both!

Hugs,
    Theresa

I think I'm one step up from your 3 year old's camera, Daffy!!!
    I have a Kodak point and shoot that's been at the bottom of a pond

It's an "ok" camera, except that all my pics are so full of noise and blurry if you get too close! I WANT to be using the Canon PowerShot A630, but that's a dream that's very far away!!

I don't have the patience for an SLR camera. I like to take pictures far too much to be fiddling with settings. I have GREAT respect for those that CAN use them and use them well!!
    Wanna come take pics of my girls, Daffy??
    ~Traci~

Anytime, Traci - your girls would be tooooo much fun to photograph! And the baby, too! I never really get to photograph fresh to the world babies!

LOL about the pond camera - my Fuji has had more juice spilled on it than our carpet! I have a friend who has the A630 (at least I think that's it) and really loves it. I hope you get it soon!

I love the ease of use that a point and shoot gives you - I still switch my Rebel to full auto when I just want to snap the moment. I play with my settings a lot more when I'm taking a bunch of pictures of the same subject. I'm still learning - there is so much to learn about photography and every day I realize how little I know. But, I'm having a blast learning!
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

Ya know ... one of my favorite pictures of all times ... is when my youngest was 3 days old. The lady across the street was "supposed" to be a professional photographer ... so we asked her if she would be willing to take one of those "Baby in Daddy's Arm" pictures that are oh, so priceless ...

Well, she came over with the backdrop, the tripod, the lights, the whole 9 yards ... TOOK TONS of pictures (meanwhile, Kiki piddled on her Daddy so he had to remove his shirt ....) After that, she was just about done with the whole thing and started to WAIL .. and I snapped this picture with my little point and shoot ... all of her "professional" pictures? Not a ONE of them came out ... only this one ... and it's priceless to me!

I want MORE like this one
    ~Traci~