shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of camera do you use?

I'm currently using a Sony Mavica CD-500. I love it, but I'm planning to get a Nikon SLR soon. If you are considering buying an digital SLR, perhaps you should check out the Nikon D50 instead of the Canon Rebel. It's cheaper and comparable, not to mention, I'm more of a Nikon fan than a Canon. :) Also, if you have or are going to purchase an SLR, you really should learn to use the manual settings on it. Otherwise, you've bought a really expensive point and shoot camera and aren't actually taking any better photos with it. It isn't tough to learn either, especially with the built in monitors on cameras now. That's just my opinion though, as a photographer.

2. Well Sarah, your input is worth it to me, as I am really INTO getting more 'bang for my buck', especially now that I am widowed and retired and JUST recently 'into' digi scrapping. I have two beautiful grandsons that I don't want to miss out on, as I did with my own three beautiful children.
    Thanks much!
    Ila
    Ila

Spending time is inevitable.
    You're going to spend your time doing something.
    It might as well be something you want to do.
    ~ Peter McWilliams

3. I used a Fugi Zoom digital and just recently upgraded to a Nikkon Coolpix...it is small handy for your purse and makes some really good shots...And the program is easy for d/l-ing to your pc..
    :-)

I have a Kodak Z740 which I love to pieces (as my dd would say!). Its 10X zoom is fantastic, and i like the fact that it has loads of pre-set settings, but that i can adjust them too if I want (or if I knew how, which is on my list of 'to dos')

5. I've got a FujiFilm Fine Pix as well, and I'm ok with it. I would love to get the Digital Rebel if I can save up enough for it, but I might do what Rebecca said and just get some nice Lenses for the one I got. Not Sure...
    Wife of 6 years, SAHM to Daelyn - 2.5 y/o, Stepmom to Hayley - 12 y/o
    My blog: Forever Fefchik

Quote Originally Posted by twirlyjoy View Post
    I have a Kodak Z740 which I love to pieces (as my dd would say!). Its 10X zoom is fantastic, and i like the fact that it has loads of pre-set settings, but that i can adjust them too if I want (or if I knew how, which is on my list of 'to dos')
    I am looking at getting a new digital camera and my local shop has the kodak z650 for $100 off and it looks really great, so I would love to know if you have had any problems with your kodak.

Have just replied to your pm, Xaria, but just in case anyone else wants to know, I love my Kodak and have had no problems with it at all. Since my last post, I have looked a bit more at the adjustable settings, rather than just using the pre-sets, of which there are loads, and it is very easy to adjust the settings.

I was using a Kodak Easyshare 6330 and it was a nice camera, but we just bought a Canon Powershot S3 IS and it is fantastic!! The pics it takes have been impressive so far! It has both video and camera settings and you can take pictures while you are shooting video - how cool is that??!

I liked my Kodak, but it was SO SLOW to turn on. The Canon is on in a slit second!

Jennifer

I have a Canon PowerShot G2, and even though it's old, it's my baby!! We won't be upgrading soon cause we don't have the money...LOL... the only thing we are upgrading is our house.... we need a new electrical service... :( So any thing new is on old for a day or two!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniellesmama View Post
    I liked my Kodak, but it was SO SLOW to turn on. The Canon is on in a slit second!
    Maybe that is something they have changed with the Z-series cos mine isn't slow to turn on at all - flick the switch and its ready to take.