Vicki you don't have to purchase a micro lens to do those kinds of shots. Look into buying some extension tubes, they are just metal round rings that keep the lens further from the sensor thus allowing closer shots. They run about $60 I got mine off of amazon. When buying make sure you get the canon one with the electronic sensors. Hollar at me and I will find what you need and try and help you long distance.

Oh, I have two camera first love is my Canon 5D mark2. The only thing I don't like about this camera it is heavy and with a lens weights around 4 lbs. Second camera is a Canon Rebel txi. I am currently teaching my 8 year old granddaughter how to use it.. I have been a professional photographer for the last 15 years, but have had to slow way down when I broke my when that happened I started designing in April of 2013...that's my story!