shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: How much space around page to be framed?

1. How much space around page to be framed?

I'm working on a page that I want to frame in an 8 x 10 frame. How much space should I leave around the page so that it can all be seen through the frame?

Thanks!
    Claire

depends on the frame but on some it's as much as half an inch all around....you might want to measure the actual opening.... I had a big 11x14 printed last year at Shutterfly..beautiful..but the big beautiful frame I had bought was actually matted for 10.5 x 13.5, even though it said 11x14... .. and not a cheap frame.. I plan on getting another frame...but I put a lot of $$ into that project..kind of wish I had it right from the start!

good luck!
    Anita
    mom to Katie and Lizzie

It's a good idea to measure the opening to get the actual size before printing, so that you can make adjustments to the size before hand and have it correct. I just bought a 12 by 12 frame, and will measure before I print to see what resizing is necessary.

4. Thanks so much for the help. I haven't purchased the frame, yet, but you're right, I should do that first. Thanks!

Claire

anitastreet
    depends on the frame but on some it's as much as half an inch all around....you might want to measure the actual opening.... I had a big 11x14 printed last year at Shutterfly..beautiful..but the big beautiful frame I had bought was actually matted for 10.5 x 13.5, even though it said 11x14... .. and not a cheap frame.. I plan on getting another frame...but I put a lot of $$ into that project..kind of wish I had it right from the start!
    That has happened to me too -- so frustrating. And, sometimes the dimensions of the 8x10 aren't really 8x10 either. That has happened to me.