shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Making background Paper

1. Making background Paper

I have recently started trying to make kits. I can make elements out the wazoo but how do you get the inspiration and know how to make background paper? That is my biggest challenge on the whole deal. Any sites with help or suggestions? Thanks!

I started out by experimenting with different textures and patterns (stripes, polka dots, plaid, etc.). I walked around my house and took pictures of interesting textures - the wall, my stovetop, my carpet, wood grains, etc. Then I tried making them into an overlay on top of a solid color. Sometimes I took the texture picture and tried different filters on it to make it more random and not so identifiable. I came up with some fun grungy looking papers that way. Later I tried adding designs, etc. Just look around you and be inspired! Look at your local scrapbook store at what kinds of patterns and styles stand out to you or fit the theme you're working on? I'm not saying to copy anything, but use the inspiration around you!

Good luck!
    Larisa ~ Garden Girl Designs

Designing For:

Grab my blinkie!