shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: cropping my picture to be round...

Hybrid View

1. Question cropping my picture to be round...

first off...is this possible?

I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0. I'm still very new at all of this. I have so many round frames that so many talented people have made, and well I dont know how to use them! I think i'm going crazy, maybe its just me. I've tried all the buttons on there (no I dont know what everyone of them do exactly) but I just cant get it to crop into a circle.

If anyone knows what to tell me I will greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Rian

2. Try the elliptical marquee tool. Draw out your circle on your photo with your photo selected. Hold the shift key to make it perfectly round. Then go to select, inverse, then hit delete. Hope that works. I use cs3 but it should at least get you in the right direction.

3. Thanks, but...

Thanks for the reply, but for some reason its not working.

I did exactly what you said, and once I hit inverse it says "no pixels were selected".

hi, make sure you have a layer selected before doing this.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

5. i did it...

Ok I did it. Not sure if its the right way, but it works for what I need it for.

I used the eliptical tool, then I right clicked and selected make selection. the eliptical was then outlined with the "marching ants" and i just cut it :)

Thanks so much for your responses. I'm sure this wont be my last question.

The way I crop photos to none square/rectangle shapes when trying to fit a frame is to place the frame in the layer above the photo and make sure that all the photo I want is in the frame I then use the magic select tool on the inside of the frame, select the photo layer, choose select invert and delete.