shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organizing scrapbook files ?

1. Organizing scrapbook files ?

Can some someone give a suggestion on how to organize my scrapbook files. I have a "gazillion" of them... seems that I use one and then by the time I go back to use it again it is lost in the abyss of my scrap file. I've been leaving the file title and just putting them all in a folder and letting it alphabetize them.
    But if I don't recall the name of it then ...the search is on.. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.....

I keep mine organized by making separate folders for each designer then add their kits to their individual folder.

3. I sorted them in folders by what they are: kits, alphas, elements...
    And then save them in a folder by the name of the zip folder, if the zip did not already contain a folder.
    I am also using Picasa, a free program form Google, to easily view my image files.
    Picasa indexes all the images on your computer and you can scroll through them as thumbnails in one window.
    It also gives you the option of directly uploading pictures to a free web album that is attached to a gmail account.

Overall, I love scrolling through my pics and kits, because often I don't know what to use until I saw it scrolling by ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy__Eyes View Post
    I keep mine organized by making separate folders for each designer then add their kits to their individual folder.

I do the same thing as Liz except then I organize them by website -- you can imagine how HUGE my GDS folder is.......

I am having the same problem. Say I want a pin----I go crazy going through kits finding one with a pin in it!! And then there are certain times I want a certain color combination. For this, I am going to start a "tickler" file. I will use a recipe box with the cards in it. As I purchase each kit, I will make a print out of the preview page and glue it to a white card. These will be filed by colors. Don't know how it will work but am going to try it.

I highly recommend ACDSee Photo Manager!! You can create as many "tags" as you want, either for types of embellishments, or designers, or colors...you get the idea. PLUS, it gives previews of all sorts of files, including PSD (templates), TIFF, GIF (if they move, then you'll see them move! ). I've had ACDSee since August, and I don't know how I ever scrapped without it.
    You can download a free 30-day trial:
    http://store.acdsee.com/store/acd/en...uctID.78701300

I almost forgot: You can use Picasa, but it doesn't recognize some of the files we as scrappers use, and I don't think it's as "fast" as ACDSee.
    Last edited by babyofmine; 04-22-2008 at 12:58 PM.
    ~~Julie P.~~

Well, Julie, I have no idea what you are talking about (PSD, TIFF, GIF huh???) But it sure sounds good, so I am going to go check it out and maybe, just maybe, I can learn how to use it!!!!

I Use ACDSee too to organize my scrapping stuff with. Its really easy to use. After you tag all your items then all you have to do if you want to find something, say a pin, is click on pins in your organize pane and it will bring up everything you have tagged as a pin! Even pins that are in page kit folders! I love ACDSEE!

I have vista and I am in the process of organizing [its taking me soooooo long but getting there slowly] I have kits organized by web site and then in Vistas photo gallery I'm adding tags .... such as designer, element, paper colour blah blah blah lol. If I want a button all I have to do is click the tag and bam .... all the buttons I have and they are displayed with separater bars per folder [if that makes sense so I can still tell who made them]. I can add captions to if I wanna.

Yep slowly getting used to this vista thing and I can tell you this feature alone is worth it. Just love it.

Wow, that sounds really cool!

Jazzys Mom