shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABCs of Quotes

1. ABCs of Quotes

Thought I'd start a thread to inspire us all with some quotes. So the idea is when you are up next, think of a word with the next letter and then share a quote about that word. Try and think about words that can be used in scrapbooking. If it takes you a bit to find a quote, just post your word in here and come back and edit with your quotes so we have less likelihood of simultaneous posts or waisted research.

I'll start it off...(found several i liked)

A = Attitude

"Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time. ~Betty Smith"

"Anywhere is paradise; it's up to you. ~Author Unknown"

"We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. ~Author Unknown"

"Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. ~Maori Proverb"

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. ~Robert Brault"
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

OOOh! fun! I'll do:

Beauty

"What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful."
    Scott Westerfeld, Uglies, 2005

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."
    Anne Frank (1929 - 1945), Diary of a Young Girl, 1952

“The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart” -Helen Keller

“You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her”

“Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it” -Confucius

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” -Miss Piggy
    (maybe not appropriate for a scrapbook page, but funny!!)
    Last edited by mosser77; 04-21-2008 at 08:08 AM.

3. This is fun!

C = Children

Making the decision to have a child - its momentus. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Children are our most valuable natural resource. ~Herbert Hoover

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings. ~Hodding Carter

When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments; tenderness for what he is, and respect for what he may become. ~Louis Pasteur

Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father. ~Lydia Maria Child

Before you were conceived I wanted you
    Before you were born I loved you
    Before you were here an hour I would die for you
    This is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins

My apostrophe key is broken so you will have to insert them where necessary. :)

~Amber
    Last edited by amberlynn82; 04-21-2008 at 08:33 AM.

oh, no! a loss of apostrophes would drive me batty!

D = Dancing

Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music. ~William Stafford

How can we know the dancer from the dance? ~William Butler Yeats

There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good. ~Edwin Denby

Please send me your last pair of shoes, worn out with dancing as you mentioned in your letter, so that I might have something to press against my heart. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never trust spiritual leader who cannot dance. ~Mr. Miyagi, The Next Karate Kid, 1994

Dancing is like dreaming with your feet! ~Constanze

Dancing is the perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire. ~Author Unknown

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels. ~Faith Whittlesey

Talk about dance? Dance is not something to talk about. Dance is to dance. ~Peter Saint James

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room. ~Kurt Vonnegut
    ~~Julie P.~~

5. Anyone wanna tackle E? Some ideas that come to mind...

Evil
    Energy
    Eager

I'll do it. It's my favorite letter :)

In honor of Earth Day, how about Earth?

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
    and the winds long to play with your hair."
    - Kahlil Gibran

"Mountains are the beginning and the end of all natural scenery."
    - John Ruskin

"Touch the earth, love the earth, honour the earth, her plains,
    her valleys, her hills, and her seas; rest your spirit in her solitary places."
    - Henry Beston

" It is always a great pleasure, and surprise, when you happen on
    just the perfect place in which to plant some special treasure."
    - Margery Fish

"Keep your eyes on the stars, keep your feet on the ground." - Theodore Roosevelt

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
    ~Native American Proverb

"Take nothing but pictures.
    Leave nothing but footprints.
    Kill nothing but time."
    ~Motto of the Baltimore Grotto, a caving society
    Last edited by mosser77; 04-22-2008 at 12:43 PM.

Fame

8. Fame hmm?

“Fame and riches are fleeting. Stupidity is eternal”
    Don Williams, Jr

“Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.”
    Henry David Thoreau

“The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do well, and doing well whatever you do without thought of fame. If it comes at all it will come because it is deserved, not because it is sought after.”

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“Fame is rot; daughters are the thing”
    James Matthew Barrie

;)

9. Girls...

A girl is a giggle with freckles on it.

A girl is like a butterfly...
    Pretty to look at....but hard two catch !

Little girls are like angels without wings.

Sugar and spice and everything nice.
    That's what little girls are made of.

Daughters are little girls that grow up to be your best friend.

Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.

Little girls are the nicest things that happen to people. They are born with a little bit of angelshine about them, and though it wears thin sometimes there is always enough left to lasso your heartóeven when they are sitting in the mud, or crying temperamental tears, or parading up the street in motherís best clothes. Alan Beck

10. H = History

"False history gets made all day, any day, the truth of the new is never on the news." - Adrienne Rich

"In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future." - Alex Haley

“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge - myth is more potent than history - dreams are more powerful than facts - hope always triumphs over experience - laughter is the cure for grief - love is stronger than death” - Robert Fulghum

“You have to know the past to understand the present.” - Carl Sagan

"Life can be found only in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life." - Thich Nhat Hanh