shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Laptop for scrapbooking?

1. Laptop for scrapbooking?

I am just considering the possibility of getting a laptop to do my scrapbooking, since my "kids" are always on the computer.
    Any thoughts/recommendations?
    I've never had a laptop...(I've just now gotten around to figuring out a little bit of PSE3, which I've had for quite a while!)

2. I think it's priceless! I can keep my kids off it and all my stuff on it. It's great for crops and when I travel. Lots of benefits. I would recommend a nice light one if you are planning to take it a lot of places. You can get a great deal on a good one if you shop around.
    You should look into the classes taught here to learn a little more about PSE. A little direction will take you a long way!
    Welcome!!
    Just take it..."One Memory At A Time"
    Have you seen my new kits?
    Check Out My Store

I have to agree a laptop is the best. I'm able to take mine with me wherever I go. I don't think they have the memory that the larger computers do so my husband bought me an external drive that I keep most of my kits on, it too is small so can go wherever I go. Also there are adapters for your car that you can plug your laptop into.
    Elaine My Blog
    \

I don't know how I lived without my laptop.
    I can scrap and watch TV.
    Plus I do take it when I go away.
    My poor desktop just sits there, getting dusty. lol

5. I only have a laptop (but all my scrap stuff is on an EHD). I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 and it's been plenty fast for me. My husband works for Dell, so he picked it out! :)
    Stephanie My blog:

Lucky Me!

It's the only way to go. I don't even use the kid computer unless I'm desperate. I'll put in a plug for HP notebooks. I've burned up two dells, but I design to which runs the CPU heavily.

I love my Dell laptop.. I have an XPS M1730...with 4Gig of Memory..Dual core processor....400Gig of harddrive (and it's almost full already!!!!)....this thing just flies...I had an Inspirion that was great too..but needed a memory upgrade for my scrapping....it still runs great.. my daughter uses it... we have 4 Dell laptops in our house...my hubby won't buy anything else..and he works in the business...and used to have his own business in Florida building pc's....

when you go to buy get the most memory and the biggest processor you can afford....you can easily get an external hard drive but it's hard to upgrade a processor!

have fun!
    Anita
    mom to Katie and Lizzie

I have a HP laptop. Buy as big a screen as you can, and get at least 2 gig of memory. You will also need to have at least 3 USB ports. i love mine, and take it along when we travel. I also have a portable drive, which has all of my scrapbooking kits and photos on it. THe only thing, I don't like using the keyboard for typing as well as on the desktop.

9. Thanks

Thanks everyone. Really makes me want to go out and get one - I'm always waiting for the kids to get off, then if they do they sit and wait for me to get off again! Not very condusive to creativity (or just getting anything done). Guess I know what to put on my birthday list (but I probably won't want to wait that long).
    Thanks again for the great info.

10. must be karma

Right after I posted this I went up to look at the mail and there was a flyer from Dell -ideas for Mothers Day, with one that has Photoshop elements and Premier (whatever that is) on it already, etc.. we have a Dell desktop that I've been happy with. Mother's Day is a lot closer than my birthday... hmmmm