shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Did you all get this? Simple Scrapbook Call for Submissions

1. Post Did you all get this? Simple Scrapbook Call for Submissions

This was in my email today. Just in case you didn't get it ...

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Simple Scrapbooks magazine is planning its July/August 2007 issue. If you’re interested in getting published, log on to simplescrapbooksmag.com/submit to submit your layouts in the following categories.

Submission Deadline: January 17, 2006

Share Feature

We’re looking for travel pages that share meaningful stories of places near and far. Send in your layouts about trips or vacations that have changed you or altered your perspective in a significant way. Include a brief explanation with your submission.

Make the Most of It

Donna Downey is looking for a stand-out reader layout that uses asymmetrical patterned paper in a unique way. “Asymmetrical” simply means that the right and left halves of the design don’t mirror each other. Asymmetrical papers often include an oversize design element—such as a floral flourish—on just half of the page. Still confused? Check out the examples listed below.

Bouquet and Wild Iris papers by Fancy Pants Designs

www.fancypantsdesigns.com

Kate Knight Butterfly Collection by Stemma

www.masterpiecestudios.com

Seuss, Austen and Darwin papers by American Crafts

www.americancrafts.com

Focus on Photos

Whether you spend your vacation at the beach, in the mountains or traveling to foreign lands, we want to see your scrap-worthy travel photos. Send in photos of your family, the sights and memorable moments, plus tell us a little about your trip. (Send 4 x 6 photos as jpegs at 72 dpi.)

Simple Schemes

Can you be creative while sticking closely to a design scheme? If so, show us how Barbara Carroll’s scheme inspires you. (Scheme pictured in two popular sizes).

Fast Album Formula

If you’ve created a themed album that follows a consistent design scheme and uses coordinated products, we want to see it. Send up to six pages from your album, and tell us about your approach. If you used our Formula Worksheet, include a scan of that as well. (Be sure your journaling is readable.)

My Favorite Album

Which of your albums do you treasure most? Which would you hate to part with? Submit up to six pages of your favorite album, along with a brief explanation of why it’s your favorite.

Our Readers

What do you do in the summertime? Send in your layouts spotlighting summer activities, outdoor fun, vacation photos and other seasonal topics.

Simple Inspirations

How has Simple Scrapbooks inspired you? If you’ve created a layout based on something in our January/February issue or Better Photos for Your Scrapbooks, let us know. Be sure to credit your source of inspiration and tell us what caught your eye.

General Submissions

Do you have a meaningful layout or a great project that doesn’t fit the categories we’re asking for? Submit it here. Just tell us why your submission is a good fit for our magazine.

Simple Scrapbooks Magazine

14850 Pony Express Rd. Bluffdale, Utah, 84065

I always say "Oh I am sooooooooooo going to submit something this time"
    and I never do lol That should be one of my New Year's Resolutions!

Layout Team Member - Scrapbooker's Playground
    Creative Team - Bella Gypsy - designs by Tabatha Reed
    Creative Team - Everyday Digital Scrapbooking Ideas Blog

yes sob sob they never ever got back to me about a cover photo, seemed like they had wanted it too :(

Poor Rebecca!!! You are a very talented photographer, and they would be blessed to have your work on their cover!

I should submit something, but I probably won't...lol ... don't want to be rejected, I guess...lol

Steph