shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Break the Ice!

Break the Ice!

Tell us more about yourselves! Let's have some fun whilst we're at this!

Let me suggest this:
    Tell us something no one here on the forum knows about you!

Now i know most of you already know each other very well and are not new like me, but surely there are some things fun we don't know yet!

Let me start:

Ten years ago when i was expecting my first born, and seven and a half months along, i fell and broke my left arm . !!! I was in a cast all the way into the delivery room, and gave birth with my left arm sticking up into the air as it was in a L shaped cast and i couldn't put it down!!! Imagine that?

Now can you beat that?

2. Geesh! Bunch of chickens we have here!! LOL! Guess I'll go first...

Well, ummmmmm....I have a tattoo!

I have been podering this one all day, um I can burp the abc's in one burp!

4. gross rebecca! Let me see if I can do you one better....

When I was was pregnant with my 3rd child and my water broke, I went to the hospital around midnight with my hubby. Because I had a csection with my 2nd, I was going to go ahead and have one again with my 3rd. So they start prepping me and I'm perfectly concious and had to have a catheter (sp?) put in me. OUUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I still can feel the pain! I feel that's unusual because I bet most people are usually out of it when it comes to getting that.

And for those that really didn't want to know that...I'll give you another one. I loved roller skating so much that I went skating after my high-school graduation while so many others headed to the beach! And I still love roller skating and I'm almost 40 yrs old. Strange!
    Last edited by HollyS; 01-05-2007 at 05:32 AM.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

There's something no-one knows about me?

Since I'm totally new here, I can post anything, right?

Hmm... ok- my name, "sfcgijill", stands for Sergeant First Class GI Jill. I am a SFC in the Army, been in service 22 yrs already. I was GI Jill before Demi Moore ever thought about GI Jane, by the way.

In fact, in HS, I was voted "most likely to be a General". This was way before Desert Storm, so you can imagine how unusual that would have been!

6. Quote Originally Posted by sfcgijill View Post
    Since I'm totally new here, I can post anything, right?

Hmm... ok- my name, "sfcgijill", stands for Sergeant First Class GI Jill. I am a SFC in the Army, been in service 22 yrs already. I was GI Jill before Demi Moore ever thought about GI Jane, by the way.

In fact, in HS, I was voted "most likely to be a General". This was way before Desert Storm, so you can imagine how unusual that would have been!

How Wonderful! I for one am very honored to be among you here in our little community at GDS!!

Well Joy knows everything about me! So she can't read this!!

I have 3 beautiful kids all of whom are English. But none of whom were born in England! 2 were Germany born - One in the town of Munster where i grew up and one in Osnabruck - where Rich and i got married!! And one was born in Wales.

Giving birth in Germany was the best though - way more civilised!

Quote Originally Posted by beany View Post
    Well Joy knows everything about me! So she can't read this!!

rofl - thats why I haven't posted anything in here yet - I can't think of anything interesting you don't know about me!!

i'll pretend its new news! Honest!

Gramma-baby

I'm new here, so pretty much anything I say is news, LOL. But here's an interesting tidbit ...

I'm 4 1/2 months older than my oldest daughter. I'm probably the *youngest* grandma (Nana) on the board being 36 with 7 grandchildren. I have a 5 year old son who has a neice 2 years older than him.

When I married my hubby he had 3 kids, a preschool age daughter (Yennae), an elementary age son (Tre), and an adult daughter(Cheryl). We since had 3 children together, who are now 15/d; 13/s; and 5/s.

Cheryl has a 7 year old daughter and a 2 year old son.
    Tre has a 3 year old daughter and a newborn daughter.
    Yennae has a 3 year old daughter, 2 year old son, and newborn son.

And, BTW, we don't use the word s-t-e-p in our house, because disney has turned it into a 4 letter word. So those three oldest children are my chosen children,

Anway, sorry if I rambled on too much!