shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Resizing A Completed Lo? Best Way?

1. Resizing A Completed Lo? Best Way?

hey! can anyone help me out with some basic info on templates? I did my lo in the 12x12 (VERY FIRST AND OH, SO FUN!), but dh and I were talking last night and I think that it would make a great going-away gift as a 8x8 bound book from shutterfly (all my creations I'm planning of the 2 girls). Is resizing as easy as just going to file>resize image>8x8? or will that mess up the design?

I saved as jpg then resized that and it looks OK. It seems the easiest way. What is your rec?

I'm seeing a lot of 12x12 templates but nothing 8x8 so this is an issue for me for more than just this one.....

Looking for some experienced fb. thx!
    Newbie on PSE6 for mac

Hi! Congrats on your first layout! I print all my layouts at 8 x 8 and I love the size! Yes, I just go to image-resize and size down. As long as your image is sizing down, you won't loose any quality, you just don't want to size the other direction! As far as a Shutterfly book goes, I just ordered my very first one (8x8) so I can tell you in a couple of days how it turned out. I do know that you have to resize a little smaller with a border around your page to make sure that none of your layout gets cut off. There are templates available on the Shutterfly website that help you. So, you can go ahead and continue to scrap your 12 x 12's and then resize as you feel necessary! Hope this helps!

3. It's always best to scrap big (12x12) then size down. I've been printing my LO's size 5x5 for my daughter and they look just as great as my 12x12's. Once I've flattened and saved 12x12 then I take the jpg and resize to 5x5 and 'save as.' Just make sure you're sizing inches and not pixels!
    *Wen*

Hi ItsMe Welcome to GDS! Congratulations on doing your first layout! I know exactly how you feel ... I did my first one about 2 months ago (I use PSE 6 as well). As far as resizing ... I learned to resize my background paper to 8x8 before starting to drag stuff on to it. FYI, in case you want to learn more about scrapbooking with PSE 6, Amy Leigh's beginner course is excellent! She goes through all the basics including using templates. Hope you have a great time with your new hobbie
    Cheri

5. Actually, it's always best to create in 12X12 so you have the option of printing full size pages, but you don't even have to resize to print smaller, just upload and choose that size. Photo centers, online book makers, etc will resize automatically. That way you don't have to save it twice.
    Just take it..."One Memory At A Time"
    Have you seen my new kits?
    Check Out My Store

6. Something else I've read (I read all the tip threads in all the forums, lol) is when doing Shutterfly, make sure to turn off the crop function and 'vivid' funtion. I assume the latter is color correction which you always want to make sure they're not doing no matter where you print.
    Ali makes a good point, if you're sending it off you don't have to worry about it but if you're doing it at home you need to resize. I also agree about size, you can always size smaller but you can't go up from small.
    *Wen*

Congrats on your first LO! As the others have said, if you are using shutterfly, you don't need to re-size at home.

I don't know what programme you use, but I use PSP and if you are going to resize at home, it is important that you select 'smart resize' under the 'resample using' section of your resizing screen.

8. I did that exact thing worked in 12x12 saved as jpg. Printed out as a shutterfly 8x8. What I did was download Shutterfly's 8x8 template set. Duplicated for the number of pages I had. Then just dragged my 12 x12 over on to the 8x8 saved and then uploaded. This worked out great and seemed to be no trouble. That way I didn't have to resize on my computer at all.

9. I'm so glad I asked this! I had no idea that I didn't even need to resize. Shutterfly makes it even easier!!! Awesome! Thx for the info ladies.
    Newbie on PSE6 for mac

Ditto! That's how I do all of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by WenRob View Post
    It's always best to scrap big (12x12) then size down. I've been printing my LO's size 5x5 for my daughter and they look just as great as my 12x12's. Once I've flattened and saved 12x12 then I take the jpg and resize to 5x5 and 'save as.' Just make sure you're sizing inches and not pixels!