shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: another newbie

1. another newbie

Hi all,
    I am relatively new to traditional scrapbooking, and really new to digital. I resisted getting into scrapbooking because 1) I need another hobby like I need a hole in the head and 2) the early scrapbook pages I saw (a LONG time ag) were too "cutesy" for me. But now that I've seen newer pages I gave in...
    I started doing regular paper scrapbooking because I have stacks of print photos from 4 years of living in the UK. But I'm also trying to figure out the digital because I've scanned old photos of my great-grandparents, etc, and would like to be able to save these for my kids, my brothers kids etc.
    Well, I'm rambling...
    Hi again
    Kathy in AZ

Hi Kathy, welcome to GDS! You've landed in a good spot, and this is the best place to learn your new hobby! Feel free to holler with questions and join in some challenges - can't wait to see your pages!

3. Welcome Kathy! You'll love it here. This is the first place I found when I started to digiscrap and just fell in love. I did the traditional scrapping thing until I had my twins and then there was no time and no room lol.....
    You can still use your printed photos though. Just make your layouts digitally and print them out then paste on your photos. Check out some of Shana's hybrid challenges to get more ideas.

Hi Kathy! You're gonna love it here, and we're happy to have ya!
    ~~Julie P.~~

Welcome Kathy! Once the bug bites- this will be your primary hobby!!!! LOL!

Hi and welcome! Great to meet you :) Whereabouts in the UK??? I live down in the south of England. Looking forward to getting to know you :)

Hi Kathy and Welcome to GDS. We are so glad that you have found us. You will find GDS to be a very helpful and friendly community so if you ever need anything just yell.

Check out the challenges if you want some fun and super posting bonuses...I can't wait to see your work in the galleries.

Again Welcome to you...:)

Welcome Kathy! It's great that you have joined our digi-family. This is a fantastic place! Hope to see you in the challenges!

9. Hi Kathy! Welcome! Lots of us started first by paper scrapping. I didn't get into digi until last year, now I'm addicted! LOL
    Hope you'll make yourself at home, and if you need anything, just holler at one of us! :)

10. Hi!

Thanks, everyone!
    Twirlyjoy - I lived in Somerset for 6 months, then Dorset (between Sherborne and Dorchester). Beautiful country around there!