shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Kind of new to digi scrapping.. w/ ?s

1. Kind of new to digi scrapping.. w/ ?s

Ok I used to scrap a while ago but real life got the best of me. Now I am getting back into it after 2 years of doing nothing. Needless to say I have LOTS of photos to scrap. My question is what is the best program to be doing the digi scrapping? I own Photoshop CS2 but was wondering if a program with premade elements and whatnot is better, because I am finding myself downloading stuff instead of making it myself (Im not that good at making the tags, ribbons and what not) Any kind of input would be nice :) I don't want to spend the $$ on a program and it not be usefull.. TIA

2. Some folks use Paint Shop Pro, some use Photoshop Elements and some use software with a premade library to tap into like Keepsakes Creative Scrapbook, etc. There may be some that will tell you to stay with CS2 instead of using something else because switching over from something back to CS2 may be difficult and there's just so much more you can do with CS2. Some will say take advantage of it if you have it. I wish I could say we have some tutorials on CS2 but unfortunately we don't have any at this time. DigiScrapping Tutorials may be a good resource for you for that.

I'm about to sell PhotoShop Elements v5 in the store because I bought some copies of it from Best Buy the day after Thanksgiving at significant savings and want to pass that savings onto any community members that want to take advantage of it.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

I'm partial to Photoshop Elements. It is easier to use than Photoshop. And once you get the hang of Elements, the full Photoshop program seems much easier to navagate.

The best thing to do is download a trial of the various programs that you are considering and see which one feels right for you!

Jennifer

4. Quote Originally Posted by Daniellesmama View Post
    I'm partial to Photoshop Elements. It is easier to use than Photoshop. And once you get the hang of Elements, the full Photoshop program seems much easier to navagate.

The best thing to do is download a trial of the various programs that you are considering and see which one feels right for you!
    I second Daniellesmama. Thank goodness for free trials. I began with photoshop elements and have since taken that $350.00 plunge to CS2 and I have to say, it's got a pretty big learning curve. Whatever you decide to use... just holler here and I'm sure someone will be able to help you along :)

I also recomment starting with Photoshop Elements. I've been using Photoshop Elements for a year and I still learn things every day,, there is plenty of things you can do with it before jumping to CS2.
    To visit my blog click the Pineapples Post blinkie below.

I use PSP for everything - layouts and designing (when I do design that is!!) I do also have PSCS but the learn curve is way toooooo steep for the time I have to scrap!

I don't think there is any right or wrong programme - its all about what you feel comfortable with.. I agree with what the others have said - got to the sites and download a trial version - you usually get a months trial period which should give you an idea of which one you think would suit you.

I think it's a matter of personal preference as to the program you use. I would suggest downloading a trial of PSP and PSE to compare with your PS & go from there. I'm not familiar with the other programs designed specifically for scrapbooking, but from what I've heard they are limited in function.

Personally, I prefer to do my layouts in PSP and/or PSE. I do my design work mostly in PS7, although I do some things in PSP.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

8. Thanks for all the great ideas :) I think I will DL some trials. I know photoshop pretty well. Ive had it for years and use it everyday :) I took classes on it and it helped me pretty much learn a lot :) I guess I just need help with the creativity part LOL