shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you scrap?

How do you scrap?

I'm a nosy girl, and always full of questions! I have yet another one...how do you scrap? Do you go in chronological order or do you just scrap your pics as the inspiration hits you? I am in the latter category! My books are in no order whatsoever! I like scrapping pics that I have taken recently, which makes sense, cause I can remember the who, where, when, and why a lot easier. So needless to say, I have lots of my recent pics done, and not so many of the earlier pics. I am working on catching up though!!!

Steph

I tend to use whatever I feel like using at the time!! When I'm looking for a photo to use for a particular LO, I do usually start looking at more recent photos first, unless I know of a particular photo off the top of my head! Mind you, I'm still trying to scrap pics from our trip to Canada - in April!!!

3. I'm like you steph...probably looking at pics first to scrap then find kits/elements to go with it. Always going with recent pics cuz I too have a very bad memory which doesn't lend itself to journaling!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

I go where the mood takes me. Sometimes I start with a pic, other times a kit inspires me. I can't really say that I have a method!

Jennifer

Daniell and I are in the same boat im compleatly speratic.

6. hey... see, now you give me an idea for a new challenge! Sounds like we need a "from the past" challenge to get us motivated :)

I'm just like you too Steph :)

I scrap in absolutely no particular order what-so-ever. I scrap new pics,, pics from a year ago and pics from years I wasn't even born in yet. Actually older and old pics of my parents seem to be my favorite. Wherever the mood takes me thats the pics I go with.
    To visit my blog click the Pineapples Post blinkie below.

I'm ecclectic. I scrap whatever strikes my fancy at the time. No method here I'm sorry to say. Although I have started albums by year and as I complete layouts for the kids, they go into that years' album folder.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

I'm in the latter group and scrap what I'm inspired to (better to get 5 pages done that are out of order than to keep looking at the same page for hours and not getting anything done)

I do use drop down pages most of the time, though, so I can re-arrange as needed. When I am binding, I save the pages then print & bind when completely finished.

I just do what ever strikes me as well. I love challenges so I often work from them, otherwise it is a case of: pretty kit, what can I do with that?