shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: It's a bit late, I know!!

It's a bit late, I know!!

But I just thought about it, and I have never posted an introduction!
    So here goes:

My name is Janina (36), I live on a small Island in Denmark with my husband (45), whom I've been with in 12 years. We finally got our son Johan after 6 years of fertility treatments. So we where ecstatic. :) And then he "decided" to get into the world 2 month premature, so we have really been on a rollercoaster of emotions! But I got to try the most coolest thing ever - in spite of the situation - I have been flying in a helicopter!
    My water broke in 29th week, and our hospital is not big enough to handle the premature babies, so I had to be moved to one of our largest hospitals with a neonatal unit. They hoped, that I could hold on to him for 4-6 weeks, but after only 6 days, they had to do an emergency c-section, because he was getting worse, and if he had been in there for 10-15 min. more, he probably wouldn't have survived. Fortunately everything went well, he had a tough couple of weeks, and then he got much better. And we could take him home after 5 weeks. He turns 3 in about two weeks, and I don't think I can LOVE anyone higher!

I started digi scrapping shortly after Johan was born, and I have no intend of stopping!!

We have a dog Gizmo, but he is currently staying at my mother in law, because of Johan's allergy. So no animals for us at the moment. And I so would love to have a cat again (I have had cats all my life), but I just have to wait. :)

I have my parents, a brother and two sisters, 3 nieces and 2 nephews. Unfortunately I only see them 2-3 times a year, due to the great distance between us. I chose to move almost to the other side of the country, when I met my husbond. But we talk a lot on the phone, so it's ok. :)

That was a bit about me. Just ask away, if there's anything you want to know.

Hugs
    Janina

Hello Janina...as they say better late then never so I am glad that you posted your introduction even though you have been around for awhile. We are so very glad that you have found GDS and I can just see your work getting better and better...so keep up the good work.

What a scarey time that you had with your little one but he was so worth all of the wait and hard times that you went through to get him. Kids are so precious and I wouldn't know what to do without mine and now my grand kids.

Again Welcome to GDS we are so very happy to have you be a part of our community...:)

3. Another preemie mommy! My twins were born at 29 weeks after I spent 6 weeks in the hospital trying to keep them in lol.
    There really is nothing like it. You have no idea you can love such a tiny little person so much until they put them in your arms for the first time. I'll never forget the day I got to hold both of them at the same time. They were about 2 weeks old and I swear I thought my heart would burst.

Hi Janina!! Welcome to gds! Its been great seeing you around the forum and gallery, and now its even more great to hear a bit about you!

What a great story you will have to tell him of his birth! I'm glad that things worked out ok. Welcome to GDS officially!! :)

Welcome to GDS - officially!! Wow - what a birth experience! My oldest daughter had 3 invitros before she had Sarah - so I empathize with all the effort you had to go through to have your son. Glad to hear he's 3 and doing well. And you live on a small island in Denmark - wow! what a small world. Glad you made it all the way to our GDS site.

We do not stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.

Welcome Janina! It's so nice having you a part of the GDS community. Love seeing your layouts. What a time you must've had with your baby, all so worth it. Glad to meet you officially.